This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Aside from Eevee, GameFreak chooses the Pokemon that get evos/pre-evos at random

#1Catcher_FreemanPosted 2/16/2013 12:23:54 AM
It's the only reason I can think as to why a Pokemon as forgettable as Chimecho got a pre-evolution, and why a Rhydon, a Pokemon that already has base 130 Attack and 120 Defense got an evolution. Or why Lickitung, a Pokemon that not many people care about, or even like, got an evolution.

Then there's the stuff like split evos for Kirlia and Snorunt.

What I'm saying is, Game Freak adds a lot of these unexpected evolutions, while completely ignoring the obvious stuff like Luvdisc, Farfetch'd, etc.

GameFreak probably just has a big wheel with every Pokemon that still has room for another form that they spin when deciding evos and pre-evos, and the Pokemon we really want evos/pre-evos for just haven't been fortunate enough for the wheel to land on them yet.
#2LightningAce11Posted 2/16/2013 12:25:09 AM
They gave a few pokemon evolutions that really needed it. Like Gligar, magmar, electabuzz, tangela and roselia.
---
Omg leik cod is the best game evar yu shud all play it as it is the only gam wurth playin!!
#3wufei8706Posted 2/16/2013 12:26:15 AM
They gave a few pokemon evolutions that really needed it. Like Gligar, magmar, electabuzz, tangela and roselia.

That is true. Also Togetic.

But I agree.
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/4sl82r.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Uu5mm.png
#4SilverSockPosted 2/16/2013 12:26:34 AM
In that case, crossing my fingers for a Skarmory evo.

And then eviolite Skarmory ravaged the metagame.

*Grabs popcorn*
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson
#5scrappybristolPosted 2/16/2013 12:27:51 AM
Quagsire and Sableye for evolution!
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#6CM_PonchPosted 2/16/2013 12:35:42 AM
From: Catcher_Freeman | Posted: 2/15/2013 11:23:54 PM | #001
Then there's the stuff like split evos for Kirlia and Snorunt.

Snorunt I agree with, but Kirlia makes sense.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#7RED_LINK1Posted 2/16/2013 12:44:09 AM
Shuckle needs an evolution so we can use eviolite on it.
#8LioleiaPosted 2/16/2013 12:57:24 AM
scrappybristol posted...

It'd be nice to see Quagsire get an evo. The line itself is based off the axolotl, but an evo could be inspired from a different salamander--Chinese or Japanese giant salamander, anyone? Or the Eryops, despite being a completely different sort of amphibian.
---
lee-oh-leh-ee-ah.
The most pedantic nitpicker to ever nitpick.
#9LightningAce11Posted 2/16/2013 12:58:42 AM
Lioleia posted...
scrappybristol posted...

It'd be nice to see Quagsire get an evo. The line itself is based off the axolotl, but an evo could be inspired from a different salamander--Chinese or Japanese giant salamander, anyone? Or the Eryops, despite being a completely different sort of amphibian.

Eviolite quagsire and sableye? Ou or ubers.
---
Omg leik cod is the best game evar yu shud all play it as it is the only gam wurth playin!!
#10LioleiaPosted 2/16/2013 1:05:23 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
Lioleia posted...
scrappybristol posted...

Eviolite quagsire and sableye? Ou or ubers.

I don't have much of a problem with seeing Quagsire in OU. Its silly face never fails to cheer me up. Not quite as cute as the animal it was based upon, but cute enough.
---
lee-oh-leh-ee-ah.
The most pedantic nitpicker to ever nitpick.