This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your two favourite gens

#1LightningAce11Posted 2/16/2013 1:04:24 AM
Mine are gen 4 and 5

Yes I did start with gen 1.
---
Omg leik cod is the best game evar yu shud all play it as it is the only gam wurth playin!!
#2KillerMechanoidPosted 2/16/2013 1:05:23 AM
5 and 2.
3 would have been second if not for ****ing zigzagoon appearing all over the place.
#3KitschgardenerPosted 2/16/2013 1:12:48 AM
3 and 5, though I haven't played 2.
#4ElectricNovaPosted 2/16/2013 1:13:04 AM
3 and 5, it would be Gen II instead of either of them if the level curve wasn't so ****. (Johto is my favourite region and I love everythign about GSC except for that damn level curve. )Other than that, they're my favourite games and I love them still)

Gen 3 is just so smooth to play and the pokemon selection is excellent, with many great designs. The game runs fast and introduces cool stuff like double battles and contests. When Emerald was released Gen 3 was pretty perfect.

Gen 5 may get some hate but I love the changes that have been made and the more modern style, along with better online features. Pokemon animations are cool, and the story focus is cool as well even if not Shakespeare.
---
Official Rayquaza of the Pokemon X and Y boards
I like a lot of things. Like Pokemon. And Sonic. And Kirby. And Smash bros. And Coca cola.
#5LioleiaPosted 2/16/2013 1:19:35 AM
3 followed by 5. I loved Johto as well, but it was a mess. A beautiful mess, but a mess. Reaching Kanto in HG/SS made me realized how screwed up the level curve and Pokemon distribution were. Gen 2 was more like an expansion pack to RBY than a whole gen in its own right. However, fixed Johto (a la Sacred Gold/Storm Silver) is amazing.
---
lee-oh-leh-ee-ah.
The most pedantic nitpicker to ever nitpick.
#6TenzhiPosted 2/16/2013 1:22:07 AM
I enjoyed the series the most when I played Blue and Gold (the originals - I've skipped every single remake).
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
#7LightningAce11(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 1:23:29 AM
Tenzhi posted...
I enjoyed the series the most when I played Blue and Gold (the originals - I've skipped every single remake).

Try the remakes, they're good too! You won't regret it!
---
Omg leik cod is the best game evar yu shud all play it as it is the only gam wurth playin!!
#8bailer4lifePosted 2/16/2013 1:50:18 AM
Tenzhi posted...

Pretty much this. Loved Crystal and Red.
#9LightningAce11(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 1:51:36 AM
Does nostalgia really play such an important role when you play pokemon? So much that you don't even want to play the remakes?
---
#10VegantoKeensPosted 2/16/2013 1:52:52 AM
Gen 3 for Gen 1 remakes and Emerald.

Gen 5 only for B2W2. The first ones were crap.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake SS FC = 2194 1693 8198