This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you like it if they removed HMs completely?

#1Thefatness16Posted 2/16/2013 1:51:06 PM
While B/W toned down the HM use, I still found myself needing to carry a Pokemon that uses fly, or surf if I was going after a legendary.
So here's my proposal. Make all HMs TMs, while removing a few of the unnecessary ones. Also, remove all effects on the overworld. To replace the void of stuff like surf, fly etc. use key items. So have a jet pack or surf board or something.
This way ,you never have to waste a slot on a fly slave, while still being able to retain the puzzle mechanics the HMs provided.
#2Those_GuysPosted 2/16/2013 1:54:45 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't mind if they removed HMs.
10 year olds shouldn't be flying from town to town anyway. They don't report their flight paths.
---
http://www.YouTube.com/ThoseGuysPlayGames
Come Watch Those Guys Play Games at our Youtube Channel!
#3KingTumbleweedPosted 2/16/2013 1:56:21 PM
Make them into the normal, forgettable, TMs.
---
<('__'< ) <( '__' )> ( >'__')> ^( '__' ^) (^ '__')^ ^( ' o ' )^
Official Ferrothorn(Spahgetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 2/16/2013 1:59:31 PM
Ehh...
Fly is the only HM I care about, but I love it. Turning it into a TM just wouldn't feel the same.
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#5hellslingerPosted 2/16/2013 2:00:49 PM
I'll party year round.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yVoaY.jpg
#6suddenSOUNDPosted 2/16/2013 2:02:54 PM
Oh look, a small tree is in my way. Let me just whip out my chainsaw. Also, I'm ten.
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 2/16/2013 2:03:44 PM
suddenSOUND posted...
Oh look, a small tree is in my way. Let me just whip out my chainsaw. Also, I'm ten.

I'm gonna fly to Saffron City.
I'll just pull out my jetpack...
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#8KingTumbleweedPosted 2/16/2013 2:05:08 PM
suddenSOUND posted...

Oh look, a member of a criminal group is in front of me. Let me just whip out a fire-breathing dinosaur with wings. Also, I'm eleven.
---
<('__'< ) <( '__' )> ( >'__')> ^( '__' ^) (^ '__')^ ^( ' o ' )^
Official Ferrothorn(Spahgetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#9suddenSOUNDPosted 2/16/2013 2:05:22 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
suddenSOUND posted...

I'm gonna fly to Saffron City.
I'll just pull out my jetpack...

Oceans can't stop me. After all, I've got a surf board.
#10MDS2005Posted 2/16/2013 2:08:28 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Ehh...
Fly is the only HM I care about, but I love it. Turning it into a TM just wouldn't feel the same.

This.

Keep fly, maybe Surf, but the rest....whatever.
---
When I see human babies, I want to ragequit life.
You lack in the common English is an outrage.