This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you like it if they removed HMs completely?

#21vital_tundraPosted 2/16/2013 3:02:10 PM
HM's are dumb. Defeats the purpose of a personal team with moves that you choose for them. You either have to sacrifice 2 members of our party to HM's, or give them to your whole team. I don't want to do either and I am sure others feel the same.

Keep a few of them as TM's, and don't make them mandatory to continue through the game.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#22DarkraiombPosted 2/18/2013 10:20:33 PM
suddenSOUND posted...
Oh look, a small tree is in my way. Let me just whip out my chainsaw. Also, I'm ten.

Wow, I thought for sure this would be modded for being underaged.

On topic: Yes, let's get rid of all HMs including Fly. Now you have to travel by foot.
---
Ok is a dash ch. shot when u dash? ~ alatreon789
#23MagikarpRulesPosted 2/18/2013 10:31:06 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but I certainly don't mind the HMs (maybe the stupid ones like D/P/Pt Defog). And you really don't need Fly if you don't want to, just be prepared to travel by foot/bike/surfing.

The HMs I would fight to keep at all costs are Surf and Waterfall. Maybe Strength.
#24Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 2/18/2013 10:37:52 PM
Sora-o-tobi should be a key item or something, like the running shoes.

Naminori should stay though.
---
-User Name Origin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO_5esMq2kE#t=56s
"Japanese Wii U. American Wii U. The future is yours, Xenoblade U."
#25JDM_JevPosted 2/18/2013 10:41:36 PM
What if they let you carry two additional pokemon that could use field moves but couldn't be used in battle?

Seems infinitely easier than expecting them to make items that replace HMs. This is game freak after all, that degree of change might make their heads explode.

This way they still get to force crappy underpowered moves on pokemon for the sake of solving brain numbingly easy/boring puzzles and we get to actually make a team of six on our terms.
---
They've taken something that five-year-old girls absolutely love and turned it into a trashcan child predator recruitment tool. ~riverdude
#26Marcx629Posted 2/19/2013 1:08:39 AM
They could give Pokemon "utility" move slots. If you teach a Pokemon a move there, it wont have it for battle, but can use it's world effect when you want. That way you don't waste a move slot, you don't need an HM slave(provided pokemon on your team are capable of learning them), and HMs aren't removed. You can also teach TMs to your Pokemon's utility slot. Things like dig, flash, etc.

I like this idea since it leaves the game open to add a lot more environmental effects to moves. Gives the main games a couple of ranger elements.

Another idea is just having general moves that can also work as HMs. Cut, cuts a tree down. Well, so could slash. Rock smash, smashes rocks. Well, so could hammer arm. You get my meaning.
---
In case of a Zombie Apocalypse, follow me!
Add my 3DS FC: 2535-4356-9059 Name:Marcx