This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sylveon: Different male/female features?

#61Twilight_SonataPosted 2/18/2013 1:26:58 PM(edited)
TaticalWarrior posted...
I made a mistake, alright, because I didn't remember that English uses a "," instead of a dot for thousands.
Ah, that's actually a legit mistake that I know a lot of people make.

Ok, but even if you want to ignore it being more associated with female, what doesn't helps you, there is still this one:
The majority of that is just copy/pasted from Wikipedia. The top paragraph supports your claim, but go down to the second entry for a hilarious disagreement. The third and fourth entries also refer to Sylvan as male.

You just don't know this because English don't has genders in the pronouns.
I am fluent in Portuguese. I am very familiar with the concept. I just don't think it's very relevant here.

Of course, lets not forget that Sylvan is a gender, from what Sylph and Nymph are species. If the Japanese went for Nymph, there is nothing against Sylvan or Sylph to stand as female, and that is why your point fails.
Please reword this. I have no idea what you're talking about.

So the genes in the logo stands for...?
You can't think of anything else they could represent other than sex?

You know the axis theory has less base than the gender one, even more if you consider that X and Y stands for 2D only.
5th gen was the odd one out for not having a distinct third version, and the reasons that happen make it unlikely to happen against in 6th gen. In all likelihood, the third versions for 6th gen will be Z.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#62TaticalWarriorPosted 2/18/2013 1:47:57 PM
Ok, but even if you want to ignore it being more associated with female, what doesn't helps you, there is still this one:
The majority of that is just copy/pasted from Wikipedia. The top paragraph supports your claim, but go down to the second entry for a hilarious disagreement. The third and fourth entries also refer to Sylvan as male.
Of course, lets not forget that Sylvan is a gender, from what Sylph and Nymph are species. If the Japanese went for Nymph, there is nothing against Sylvan or Sylph to stand as female, and that is why your point fails.
Please reword this. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Sylvan is a group, from where Nymphs and Sylphs are species. For an analogy, Fruit is a group from where apples are species.

I am fluent in Portuguese. I am very familiar with the concept. I just don't think it's very relevant here.

Sylva and sylvan is a female noun. Are you really fluent in Portuguese? If so, you have my respect then. You may also know the name "Silvana".

You can't think of anything else they could represent other than sex?

It is not that I can't think on another, but the most lileky is genders, considering X ad Y.

5th gen was the odd one out for not having a distinct third version, and the reasons that happen make it unlikely to happen against in 6th gen. In all likelihood, the third versions for 6th gen will be Z.

But we have no way to know that, so far it is safer to think otherwise. I would rather axis, really, and a reference to the Equador and Greenwich.
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#63Twilight_SonataPosted 2/18/2013 1:58:59 PM(edited)
TaticalWarrior posted...
Sylvan is a group, from where Nymphs and Sylphs are species. For an analogy, Fruit is a group from where apples are species.

Okay, but not all Sylvan creatures are female. Elves, Gnomes, Fairies, Brownies, and so on can be of either sex. If you're familiar with the Boto Encantado, which would also be considered a Sylvan fey creature, they're often described as being exclusively male.

Are you really fluent in Portuguese?

I am. Though I am certainly more literate in English, my first language was Portuguese. I was born in Brazil, and then my family immigrated to the U.S. when I was very young. However, my family refuses to speak to me in English, thinking it very important that I retain my fluency with Portuguese, so I am fluent in both.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#64TaticalWarriorPosted 2/18/2013 2:04:16 PM
Okay, but not all Sylvan creatures are female. Elves, Gnomes, Fairies, Brownies, and so on can be of either sex. If you're familiar with the Boto Encantado, which would also be considered a Sylvan fey creature, they're often described as being exclusively male.

Yes, I know. I went with sylvan being also know as a female term, and considering that Nymph was part of the whole thing, given the context, I can see it as female, even if I am sure it is actually Sylph.

I am. Though I am certainly more literate in English, my first language was Portuguese. I was born in Brazil, and then my family immigrated to the U.S. when I was very young. However, my family refuses to speak to me in English, thinking it very important that I retain my fluency with Portuguese, so I am fluent in both.

That is good. Portuguese is a very rich and vast language.
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#65alxswan711Posted 2/21/2013 1:41:35 AM
"It looks kind of awkward with both of the bows, but I guess that's the final design." I like this, it looks less over designed and more gender neutral (not quite, but more so)...
http://bittershrew72.deviantart.com/art/What-I-think-Sylveon-should-look-like-355558970?ga_submit_new=10%253A1361434813