This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who else would like to see a new National Pokedex in Gen VI?

#1pikachu6598Posted 2/16/2013 3:33:49 PM
*BE PREARED FOR A LENGTY EXPLANATION!*

I feel like its time for a revamp of the National Pokedex, kind of like Gen II's New Pokedex, but not exactly. This could be an option for a Pokedex mode, along with the original order, since it would be DRASTICALLY different from the traditional National Dex, as you will see what I mean.

The Reason: In my opinion, I feel that this order would be a bit more organic, and smoother and easier to follow, compared to the traditional order, and also because I've always felt it was weird when looking at the big picture; Yeah, Pokemon are continuously "discovered", but in reality, it would be in the hundreds once every three to four years, it would be one at a time, and would be put into a certain place. Its always seemed odd that there were patches of legendaries here and there, followed by some very weak Pokemon, (Arceus, The Poke-god, to Turtwig, a weak little turtle? I mean seriously, COME ON WTF!?). Why are the legendaries always discovered last? I know this whole thing seems like a pretty stupid and pointless argument, but i'm just putting myself in a Pokemon World point-of-view.

The Idea: I think that the Pokemon should be kept in the same order, but as you go up the Pokedex, the newer pre-evos/evos should be moved to align with the older Pokemon. In other words, the position of the original Pokemon will be prioritized.

For example: Pikachu (#25) is the first pokemon in National Dex order to recieve a new Pokemon in it's evolution line outside of it's Regional Pokedex/Generation of conception (Pichu). In the new National Dex, Pikachu will not be moved to align with Pichu, but instead, it will be the other way around. Pichu will become #25 now, Pikachu #26, Raichu #27, and the rest of the Pokedex will shift, and the same thing will happen for the rest of the Pokemon.

More Examples: Crobat goes after Zubat and Golbat; Togekiss goes after Togepi and Togetic; Budew goes before Roselia, and Roserade goes after Roselia.

~More Ideas/Exceptions~

Starters~ All starters and their evolutions could go to the beginning of the Pokedex, in Generation-order. (ex. Bulbasaur line, then the Charmander line, then the Squirtle line, then the Chikorita line, etc.), but then it would go in the regular order.

Psuedo-Legendaries~ These Pokemon (Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, and Hydreigon lines) would be put, in Generation-order, right before the...

...Legendaries~ Also, legendaries will be kept in their original order, but will be clumped at the end, and will only be reorganized for special cases (i.e. Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, then Lugia, followed by Mewtwo, then Mew, and so on. Also, when it gets to the Regis, it will go Regirock, Regice, Registeel, and then Regigigas, followed by Latias, Latios, etc.).

Eeveelutions~ You know where I'm going with this, I just felt like bringing it up considering Sylveon was just recently revealed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please take time to analyze my ideas before you start saying that it would be a stupid or pointless addition to the game. I feel this would be much more convenient than going from, say Magnimite and Magneton, all the way to Magnezone at essentially the other end of the Pokedex? It seems more natural for the evolutonary lines of Pokemon to be grouped together, as well as legendaries with other legendaries. But what do I know, I'm no Pokemon Professor or anything... But thanks for your time nonetheless ;)
#2KapuxaPosted 2/16/2013 3:38:32 PM(edited)
I like it how it is...already used to it x.x
On the other hand...ur idea would make the dex make much more sense.
#3FuneralCakePosted 2/16/2013 3:36:25 PM
I only barely skimmed that, but yes. I would like to see a re-ordered Pokedex with all the evolutions next to each other. The way they did the Johto Dex in GSC or HGSS was great.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
http://i.imgur.com/oMfaqni.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Hmo0Oia.jpg
#4scrappybristolPosted 2/16/2013 3:36:57 PM
Allow me...

tl;dr rearrange National Dex putting evolution families together.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#5MarbychuPosted 2/16/2013 3:37:57 PM
I like ths idea, but it would never happen. Know why?

dat TrollFreak.

Plus, I feel like I've heard this idea before...
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8340-0649
Dunsparce is TERRIBLE!!! People who agree:3
#6KingTumbleweedPosted 2/16/2013 3:38:59 PM
But...but what if I like the current way? Can we change back? Is it a choice? Are there more options?
---
<('__'< ) <( '__' )> ( >'__')> ^( '__' ^) (^ '__')^ ^( ' o ' )^
Official Ferrothorn(Spahgetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#7pikachu6598(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 8:58:00 PM
Yeah, it would be an option like this:

-(Insert region name here) Dex
-National Dex (Traditional)
-National Dex (Revised)
-Alphabetical Dex
-Habitat List
And etc.
#8faruwayPosted 2/16/2013 9:00:15 PM
pikachu6598 posted...
Yeah, it would be an option like this:

-(Insert region name here) Dex
-National Dex (Traditional)
-National Dex (Revised)
-Alphabetical Dex
-Habitat List
And etc.

Now that would be great! :)
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
#9pikachu6598(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 9:13:29 PM
Yeah ikr it would be such a nice little treat for GF to throw that in there, but I can only dream... :*(