This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Pokemon was made by an American company

#1Grand_BluePosted 2/16/2013 6:29:43 PM(edited)
Then we would be able to customize our characters, seriously. Very few JRPGs allow you to fully customize your character (Animal Crossing and Fantasy Life aren't RPGs) and I don't know why the Japanese hate customization, but many American games like Fallout, Elder Scrolls, etc allow customization from head to toe and skin/hair/body/shirt color.

---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.
#2LightningAce11Posted 2/16/2013 6:28:19 PM
Customisation is not a necessity. Just take what you get.
---
Omg leik cod is the best game evar yu shud all play it as it is the only gam wurth playin!!
#3Chandler014Posted 2/16/2013 6:28:28 PM
Yeah, I agree. They JUST put in Customization in fire emblem. About time, too. Pokemon Needs this too.
#4vchu8Posted 2/16/2013 6:28:46 PM
We would also have a lot of DLC. While I dislike Game Freak's complacency when it comes to making especially meaningful changes to their games, I respect that they've taken a stance against DLC and paid subscriptions and the like.
#5vital_tundraPosted 2/16/2013 6:28:51 PM
We will be able to customize in this game. You can plainly see this in the trailer.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#6WindyligthPosted 2/16/2013 6:52:30 PM
Wow TC way to be racist and and Japanese people are all yhe same.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#7Grand_Blue(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 6:55:40 PM
I'm being racist? Well that's how most JRPGs are compared to eastern RPGs. In games like Skyrim, you can customize your character from head to toe and with many races to choose from, along with the color of their hair, eyes, clothes, etc. You can even adjust their face! Now JRPGs usually don't let you have that kind of customization outside of armor (like Xenoblade)
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.
#8TVirusPredatorPosted 2/16/2013 6:59:07 PM
Grand_Blue posted...
Now JRPGs usually don't let you have that kind of customization outside of armor (like Xenoblade)

Saying that JRPGs don't have customization, then saying "like this JRPG"?

lol TC, you just shot yourself in the foot.
---
"Before you say anything, I would like to remind you that I am holding an axe." - Sherlock Holmes
#912RougePosted 2/16/2013 7:06:09 PM
I've played many JRPGs that let you customize your character, but to Japan, it's not a necessity. Japan's more focused on you getting involved with the character's lives and how the stories going than being all uptight about how they look.

As well, for Eastern RPGs, the customization plays a big role in how the character plays (like picking different races in Skyrim, like you gave as an example).
---
Accurate description of my current emotional state:
http://i.imgur.com/XId329W.jpg Sorry if this'll affect anybody negatively.
#10InhaledCornPosted 2/16/2013 7:06:52 PM
But, it will be so full of testosterone and guns that it won't be Pokemon anymore.
Because, ask any American gaming company, and they will tell you, "oh lol, only guyz play gamez and they lyke blud and gore and chainsawz"

I can imagine myself as a different avatar, kthnx.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
*headdesk* what a time to have no money...