This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Pokemon was made by an American company

#11vital_tundraPosted 2/16/2013 7:10:37 PM
InhaledCorn posted...
But, it will be so full of testosterone and guns that it won't be Pokemon anymore.
Because, ask any American gaming company, and they will tell you, "oh lol, only guyz play gamez and they lyke blud and gore and chainsawz"

I can imagine myself as a different avatar, kthnx.

Sarcasm?
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#12jayman7Posted 2/16/2013 7:15:08 PM
You know, technically, we don't know that this game does not have trainer customization.

Oh, we don't know it does, and they certainly haven't given any such indication.

We just don't know it doesn't.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#13vital_tundraPosted 2/16/2013 7:16:00 PM
jayman7 posted...
You know, technically, we don't know that this game does not have trainer customization.

Oh, we don't know it does, and they certainly haven't given any such indication.

The full body mirror is an indication.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#14jayman7Posted 2/16/2013 7:16:47 PM
vital_tundra posted...
jayman7 posted...

A very weak indication, if that.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#15LightningAce11Posted 2/16/2013 7:18:56 PM
"If Pokemon was made by an American company"

It would fail epicly.
---
Omg leik cod is the best game evar yu shud all play it as it is the only gam wurth playin!!
#16vital_tundraPosted 2/16/2013 7:19:32 PM
jayman7 posted...
vital_tundra posted...
jayman7 posted...

A very weak indication, if that.

Not really, what are full body mirrors used for? Looking at what you are wearing, plus why show it in the trailer if it wasn't important, when everything else about the trailer is? Plus the glasses are left behind when male MC swings forward. Its a glitch, but it shows the glasses aren't apart of the character.
---
#17Grand_Blue(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 7:38:07 PM
TVirusPredator posted...
Grand_Blue posted...
Now JRPGs usually don't let you have that kind of customization outside of armor (like Xenoblade)

Saying that JRPGs don't have customization, then saying "like this JRPG"?

lol TC, you just shot yourself in the foot.

I said "outside of armor" indicating that JRPGs like Xenoblade only change the character's appearance when they wear different armor, but you can't change your hair or colors of anything.

And to the person who said that it would fail quickly if it was American: we have Bethesda, the awesome American company who makes awesome games.
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.
#18natchu96Posted 2/16/2013 7:44:00 PM
Grand_Blue posted...
TVirusPredator posted...
Grand_Blue posted...
Now JRPGs usually don't let you have that kind of customization outside of armor (like Xenoblade)

I said "outside of armor" indicating that JRPGs like Xenoblade only change the character's appearance when they wear different armor, but you can't change your hair or colors of anything.

And to the person who said that it would fail quickly if it was American: we have Bethesda, the awesome American company who makes awesome games.

inb4anecdotalevidence
---
"Memento Mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun" - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (and no, that is not a typo)
#1912RougePosted 2/16/2013 7:56:30 PM
Grand_Blue posted...
TVirusPredator posted...
Grand_Blue posted...

There's a difference between how Bethesda and Game Freak makes their games. Pokemon isn't going to made into something similar to what Bethesda makes. Also, as previously stated, JRPGs aren't entirely focused on player customization and more focused on other parts of the games.
---
Accurate description of my current emotional state:
http://i.imgur.com/XId329W.jpg Sorry if this'll affect anybody negatively.