This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is this game called "Pokemon X"?

#11snuffles504Posted 2/16/2013 5:56:08 PM
WHAT. THERE'S ONLY A CERTAIN NUMBER COLORS AND GEMSTONES THAT ARE EASILY RECOGNIZABLE TO CHILDREN? HOW DARE GAMEFREAK TRY TO BRANCH OUT! THEY'RE SO LAZY!
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#12FaustXIIPosted 2/16/2013 6:15:56 PM
I hope it's not some sexist thing. Ugh.
#13jayman7Posted 2/16/2013 6:23:11 PM(edited)
R0cks0l1dd posted...
Yeah, don't you know there's less than 10 colours?

Technically, there are 11 main words for colors in English, six of which have already been used.

"Gold", "Silver", "Crystal", "Ruby", "Sapphire", "Emerald", "Diamond", "Pearl", and "Platinum" aren't really main color words.

That said, the remaining main color words are Gray, Brown, Orange, Purple, and Pink. Those aren't exactly core or cool-sounding colors (and really, no American boy would play "Pokemon Pink", and most game developers still worry more about their sales to boys than girls - which is sexist, yes, but true all the same.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#1412RougePosted 2/16/2013 6:25:33 PM
There's many reasons I can think of:

-2D/3D axis, as previously stated.
-The two legendaries already released look like an X and a Y.
-Since it's aimed at children, they're trying to show them the alphabet's important or other stuff.
-(Also previously mentioned) not that many colors are recognized by children.
-It's easier to expand between a compilation game (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum).
-X could symbolize the crossing of paths, while Y could symbolize trying to chose a path to take between two different paths (explained here: http://i.imgur.com/mBjASZx.jpg, English teacher explained to me that a letter someone's name begins with/has most common could symbolize stuff that'll happen in their life).
-Other stuff in Algebra that doesn't have to deal with axis'.
-Because Game Freak can do whatever it wants and you can deal with it.
---
Accurate description of my current emotional state:
http://i.imgur.com/XId329W.jpg Sorry if this'll affect anybody negatively.
#15vital_tundraPosted 2/16/2013 6:26:56 PM
DNA
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#16pokemega32Posted 2/16/2013 6:40:45 PM
12Rouge posted...
There's many reasons I can think of:

-2D/3D axis, as previously stated.
-Since it's aimed at children, they're trying to show them the alphabet's important or other stuff.
-(Also previously mentioned) not that many colors are recognized by children.
-It's easier to expand between a compilation game (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum).
-X could symbolize the crossing of paths, while Y could symbolize trying to chose a path to take between two different paths (explained here: http://i.imgur.com/mBjASZx.jpg, English teacher explained to me that a letter someone's name begins with/has most common could symbolize stuff that'll happen in their life).
-Other stuff in Algebra that doesn't have to deal with axis'.
-Because Game Freak can do whatever it wants and you can deal with it.

None of the above.

They're named for chromosomes, hence the DNA strands in the logo.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.