This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you think you'll get your starter Pokemon?

#1Defender31415Posted 2/16/2013 7:44:53 PM
In the first two generations, you got your starter Pokemon as part of an errand for the professor. In the second two generations, you got your starter Pokemon as part of protecting someone from an attack (either the professor or yourself). In both games of the fifth generation, you got your starter Pokemon as a gift. It's an interesting pattern. How do you think it'll happen in Gen VI?
---
--- LG Nuzlocke Team: Percy (Blastoise), Sora (Pidgeot), Xena (Primeape), Eremos (Sandslash), La-Z-Boy (Snorlax)
#2MetaFalconPunchPosted 2/16/2013 7:53:47 PM
They fall out of the sky.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. Kraid: (steps on you)
#3LightningAce11Posted 2/16/2013 7:53:53 PM
Maybe as a prize?
---
Omg leik cod is the best game evar yu shud all play it as it is the only gam wurth playin!!
#4Zarren364Posted 2/16/2013 7:55:36 PM
A prompted scripted event where you catch it yourself. Before the battle you answer a question, and that determines what starter will appear.
---
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBW2C-Wargle I R - Zarren
#5saintkdPosted 2/16/2013 7:56:13 PM
As a gift. If it follows the same pattern then it only changes every two gens.

Stands to reason it'd be the same and change in gen 7 or so past experience tells us.
---
We have no form, therefore we fear it, and because we are formless, we revere it. Thus we are slain.
#6CharizardFirePosted 2/16/2013 7:57:56 PM
In the first two generations, you got your starter Pokemon as part of an errand for the professor.

That's only true in Gen 2. In Gen 1, the errand is unrelated to you getting your starter Pokémon.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#7naruto6795Posted 2/16/2013 7:58:03 PM
Its your tenth birthday and you are about to start your adventure towards becoming a pokemon master
#8Defender31415(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 8:01:09 PM
saintkd posted...

Stands to reason it'd be the same and change in gen 7 or so past experience tells us.

But in Gen V, you had 2 sets of "core" games. In the other gens you only had one. I know that B/W and B2/W2 were in the same gen. But 2 sets of games might merit a switch.
---
--- LG Nuzlocke Team: Percy (Blastoise), Sora (Pidgeot), Xena (Primeape), Eremos (Sandslash), La-Z-Boy (Snorlax)
#9ThatKippPosted 2/16/2013 8:11:27 PM
saintkd posted...

But in Gen V, you had 2 sets of "core" games. In the other gens you only had one. I know that B/W and B2/W2 were in the same gen. But 2 sets of games might merit a switch.

You get your starter in Platinum differently from how you got it in DP and those were in the same gen. In DP you steal it from Rowan's unattended suitcase to protect yourself against a Starly, and in Platinum Rowan gives it to you because he wants you to be able to travel through the tall grass to Sandgem Town.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X boards+Team Miror Person
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#10Zarren364Posted 2/16/2013 8:23:35 PM
Yeah, the games haven't been very consistant at all with how they give you your starter.

R/B/G/Y/Fr/Lg: Prof. Oak gives it to you because you're ten years old.

G/S/C/Hg/Ss: Prof. Elm has you run an errand, giving you your starter for protection.

R/S/E: Prof. Birch gets attacked and you save him.

D/P: You steal it from Prof. Rowan when attacked.

Pt: Prof. Rowan gives it to you because he deems you worthy.

B/W: I'm pretty sure your mom got sick of you being in the house 24/7 so she gets Juniper to give you and your friends a Pokemon.

B/W2: Similar to B/W mom has connections and gets you your starter.
---
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBW2C-Wargle I R - Zarren