This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would Light and Sound work in Pokemon X and Y

#1RaidenHeroPosted 2/17/2013 2:44:48 AM
Here's is a great theory on how the two new types..Light and Sound would work in Pokemon X and Y...

http://leviathyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/pokemon_xy_sound_light.jpg
#2UltimaZangetsuPosted 2/17/2013 2:45:42 AM
Now, I may be going out on a limb here...but how about no?
---
"As I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother ****er in the goddamn valley!"
#3RaidenHero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 2:46:07 AM
UltimaZangetsu posted...

Why..i am just wondering?
#4kenneth_velezPosted 2/17/2013 2:49:22 AM
get Mareep, Flaffy, and Ampharos to make your own orchestra.
#5MidnightCrewPosted 2/17/2013 2:57:13 AM
"The two new types, Light and Sound"

:I
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan, Official Misdreavus of The BW 2 Boards. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards.
#6Zero97Posted 2/17/2013 3:05:53 AM
Tbh, for a thing that's not a type yet, Sound based moves are alot when compared to steel moves.
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#7NightWatch177Posted 2/17/2013 8:14:52 AM
All I've thought of would be:
Sound SE against Water and Ground (reverberates easily), Psychic (puts them off), weak to Ghost (too scared to speak), Poison (throat infection?)

Light SE against Dark (hurrdurr), Ghost (ghosts avoid bright lights, etc), NFE against Fire (already generates light), Water (water refracts light), and Grass would be immune to it (photosynthesis)

Haven't thought about resistances too much, or gone in to too much detail with these. It does, however, balance Ghost/Dark types somewhat, give the Starter trio some more pros/cons (water was a little OP, Fire and Grass better defensively), and boosts Poison somewhat. Rebalancing is fun.

It'd make some pre-existing pokemon more unique too, but I'll cover that later.

Thoughts?
---
GT: Corrupted177 - Play Halo Reach, Dark Souls, Armored Core V, Borderlands GOTY and Dragon's Dogma.
NNID: NightWatchman177 - Play Nintendoland and ZombiU.
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 2/17/2013 8:16:54 AM
zerokandery posted...
Tbh, for a thing that's not a type yet, Sound based moves are alot when compared to steel moves.

I agree.
I actually wouldn't mind new types, but I think it's a bit late in the game to be adding them.
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#9R0cks0l1ddPosted 2/17/2013 8:28:10 AM
UltimaZangetsu posted...

Should have used this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HJxya0CWco
---
You might as well name the pokemon Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen.- Caltenburn
#1012RougePosted 2/17/2013 8:28:58 AM
Well, the manufacturers at Nintendo would build the 3DS in a way that'll make light come out of the screen and sound come out of the speakers.
---
Accurate description of my current emotional state:
http://i.imgur.com/XId329W.jpg Sorry if this'll affect anybody negatively.