This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why people hate Ash?

#1estobernoPosted 2/17/2013 3:57:40 AM
I think Ash is cool and it has lot of potential for development and become the best character in the history of the japanese animation.

who agree with me?
---
Still waiting for Megaman X9...
#2CM_PonchPosted 2/17/2013 4:01:03 AM
Because his stupidity is keeping him from being successful. I can understand losing to a guy with Darkrai and Latios, but a Meowth in a hat?
---
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#3LightningAce11Posted 2/17/2013 4:01:06 AM
Cuz he's an idiot.
---
Omg leik cod is the best game evar yu shud all play it as it is the only gam wurth playin!!
#4TenzhiPosted 2/17/2013 4:05:46 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
Cuz he's an idiot.

In my experience, most (shonen) anime protagonists are. Heck, many non-anime protagonists do their fair share of stupid things.
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
#5RyoukaiPosted 2/17/2013 4:09:42 AM(edited)
You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who agrees with such an extreme statement, regardless of what the content is. In this case though, what you're actually talking about doesn't help.

To answer your question, he's had 10+ years to become a Pokemon master. Most of us are better than he is, and it took us far less time. Also, I don't see any potential for development, I'm honestly curious about what you're talking about. Care to explain?

EDIT: From: Tenzhi | #004
LightningAce11 posted...
Cuz he's an idiot.

In my experience, most (shonen) anime protagonists are. Heck, many non-anime protagonists do their fair share of stupid things.

This is why most shonen is terrible.
---
The Official Luigi of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U Boards
#6estoberno(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 4:09:05 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
Cuz he's an idiot.

There are lots of idiots in the anime but they aren't criticized like Ash
---
Still waiting for Megaman X9...
#7TenzhiPosted 2/17/2013 4:11:18 AM
Ryoukai posted...
To answer your question, he's had 10+ years to become a Pokemon master.

So he's 20 years old in the anime now, then?
---
#8KingTumbleweedPosted 2/17/2013 4:14:40 AM
He never learns, he's immature, never matures, has a bad memory, gets involved with things don't concern him, his battles are usually the same thing over and over, he refuses to take advice, he calls out trainers who's methods are different to his, tries to act like hero wherein most cases he is not, few of his wins were utter BS and he never gets called out on them and is incredibly stupid; even for an anime hero.

And it's getting old.
---
<('__'< ) <( '__' )> ( >'__')> ^( '__' ^) (^ '__')^ ^( ' o ' )^
Official Ferrothorn(Spahgetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#9RyoukaiPosted 2/17/2013 4:15:58 AM
Ryoukai posted...
To answer your question, he's had 10+ years to become a Pokemon master.

So he's 20 years old in the anime now, then?

His age hasn't changed, but is it even possible to deny that time has passed at this point?
---
The Official Luigi of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U Boards
#10TenzhiPosted 2/17/2013 4:26:19 AM
Ryoukai posted...
His age hasn't changed, but is it even possible to deny that time has passed at this point?

If that much time hasn't been allowed to pass from his perspective, then it's an unfair measure of his competence or lack thereof. Not that measuring a character's progress in an ongoing story against feats in a video game is a fair comparison in any case - I mean, I easily beat Thanos in Marvel Super Heroes so those characters in the comics are chumps for having so much trouble with it, right?
---