This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why people hate Ash?

#71VenusAdeptIsaacPosted 2/17/2013 5:17:46 PM
CaptainSackboy posted...
Lexifox posted...
SlimeStack posted...
VenusAdeptIsaac posted...
What experience in Unova? He was weak this whole region. He should go back to being like the Hoenn or Sinnoh Ash.

Also, I agree that Ash shouldn't have to be the designated whipping boy just for the sake of having a noobie in the group.

At the start of Unova he throws a Poké ball at a Deerling without fighting it. I'd like him to remember how catching Pokémon works at the start of the next region is all I'm saying.

He got overly excited. He's in a new land, seeing wholly new Pokemon. Cut the kid a break.

I guess stupid stuff like this was bound to happen since they literally took the time to establish that Ash is still ten years old. Ten year old boys do get giddy easily.

Too bad, Ash looked and acted more mature in Sinnoh.

NO! I don't care what the narrator says. I REFUSE to believe that Ash is still ten years old.

Are they seriously telling me that he is the same age as May and Dawn despite being their mentor in their respective regions?
#72SlimeStackPosted 2/17/2013 5:19:20 PM
Lexifox posted...
SlimeStack posted...
What experience in Unova? He was weak this whole region. He should go back to being like the Hoenn or Sinnoh Ash.

Also, I agree that Ash shouldn't have to be the designated whipping boy just for the sake of having a noobie in the group.

At the start of Unova he throws a Poké ball at a Deerling without fighting it. I'd like him to remember how catching Pokémon works at the start of the next region is all I'm saying.

He got overly excited. He's in a new land, seeing wholly new Pokemon. Cut the kid a break.

Yeah that's fair enough. Truth be told I actually enjoy Ash's character and it doesn't particularly bother me if things are changed or retconned between a series. It's only a cartoon about a 10 year old.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#73CaptainSackboyPosted 2/17/2013 5:26:42 PM
SlimeStack posted...
Lexifox posted...
SlimeStack posted...

Yeah that's fair enough. Truth be told I actually enjoy Ash's character and it doesn't particularly bother me if things are changed or retconned between a series. It's only a cartoon about a 10 year old.

That's cool!

I don't hate Ash myself, but MAN am I tired of his character by now. However you are right the show is about kids, for kids. Thus, I'm outside said target audience.
#74Chaos_MissilePosted 2/17/2013 6:14:02 PM(edited)
Grammar_man posted...
Allaudeen posted...
Summary: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj9g066TqU1qippsno1_500.jpg
Red is the persona in the video game,to be specific Gen 1.

Point 1: Gold>Red. Ultimate trainer my ass.
Point 2: Ash: League Champion(OI)+Frontier Champ. Ash wins. What now?
Lone wolfs are, as a rule, boring.

Point 3: Red didn't. Gold ended them.

First Pokemon Master? Lolno. That would be Blue.
"His rival is his *****"

Lolno. Blue did everything faster and has a bigger number of canonly caught mons.The only thing he failed at was being "loving", thus he lost to Red and his "Power of love and caring"-mons.

"His rival doesn't even care for him"

Except lol several rivals who have all wanted to defeat him and actively agonize because of it.

"Can't catch more than 10 pokemon"

Guess which of these two actually has a canon amount of mons bigger than 10. Ash caught more mons in the first season than Red canonly is known to own.

Ash certainly isn't the best character ever, but Red is ridiculously overhyped.

Blue is better than him at everything but "Love and care".

Point 1: Everything after the credits is kinda non-canon. In fact, there's has yet to be a post-game/after the credits gameplay that is. Because, if they are, then B2/W2 would'nt have happend in the first place since, you know, you caught all remaining sages, Kyurem and have access to the Distortion Trio.

Since Red > Blue > Lance and Gold is only > Lance, canon-wise, it's Red > Blue > Gold > Lance.

tl;dr Lance is the one that's overhyped.

Point 2: Ash need only beat the Fronteir Brains and not go through the annoyingly gruelling task of getting a billion winstreaks. Havent you ever had a case where you can beat the Brains easy but lose to the damn trainers on the way to them because of some stupid luck?

Point 3: Red ended them. Gold prevented them from restarting. Note the difference.

First Pokemon Master? Lolno. That would be Blue.

Apparently, you're confusing Pokemon Master with Pokemon Champion. Lrn2diff.

"His rival doesn't even care for him"

Except lol several rivals who have all wanted to defeat him and actively agonize because of it.

The only reason why he has "several" in the first place is because Ash is overused for more timeperiods than Red.

That, and the only significant rival everyone is thinking of, Gary, never really cared for Ash until the end of the Johto League.

Red canonly is known to own

So, you assume he only has 6 Pokemons and not all 150?

On topic,

Because lolThunderArmor and lolAimForDHorn
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#75duranmanXPosted 2/17/2013 7:44:17 PM
I hate Ash because it is like small grey dust that gets all over the place, extremely creepier when its from a dead body

That was a Pokemon 2K reference for those of you who think I'm off topic
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board