This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Type/Sylveon Type 'Confirmed'

#1NightWatch177Posted 2/17/2013 3:17:13 AM
Yes, this again.

If you mosey on over to pokemon.co.jp, there's a familiar image showing Eevee and all it's evolutions, including Sylveon.

With each Eeveelution, it shows the corresponding type, except Sylveon, which has ???, encased in a NEW colour, a pale red, like it's darker colour.

This is likely the colour for whatever new type is being introduced, logically, and if we follow the pattern of the image, it will either be SE or NVE (or immune to/from) Electric.

The colour, the new 'friend' mechanic and Sylveon's appearance seem to lean towards some kind of Fairy/Love/Empathy/Spirit type, further linked to by the connotations of 'Sylv-', where a Sylph is a caring spirit.

Thoughts?

Of, and to play Devil's Advocate with myself, Flying would also fit in (weak to Electric), aside from the new type's colour, which could just be a Sylveon specific reference, but if that was the case, why all the hype for it?

Alas, this dispels my personal theory of the Eeveelution types all being resistant to themselves, which would have meant Poison and Steel eeveelutions being the only two remaining.

So, if we do assume there is a new type, what other pre-existing pokemon could fit it? All we POTENTIALLY know is that it is fairy/feeling based, and likely resists itself.

I'm thinking any/all of the Fairy egg group, so Clefairy line, Snubbul line, etc (new chihuahua evo for Snubbul to fit in with it's 'handbag dog' thing it has going for it in it's Pokedex?), among others. Might also include:
Gardevoir line
Gothitelle line
Other possible Psychics
Luvdisc/Alomomola

Anything I've missed? Got a point to argue? Step up and discuss.
---
GT: Corrupted177 - Play Halo Reach, Dark Souls, Armored Core V, Borderlands GOTY and Dragon's Dogma.
NNID: NightWatchman177 - Play Nintendoland and ZombiU.
#2KingTumbleweedPosted 2/17/2013 3:19:41 AM
Obligatory: No.
---
<('__'< ) <( '__' )> ( >'__')> ^( '__' ^) (^ '__')^ ^( ' o ' )^
Official Ferrothorn(Spahgetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#3jayman7Posted 2/17/2013 3:26:09 AM
Oh, yeah, the color must indicate the color of the type! That's why the color for the Psychic icon is pink, but why Espeon's color is purple! Or why Fire gets an orange icon, but Flareon's is more red-orange!

It's totally inconceivable that it could just be the color of the Pokemon.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4sumuthergamerPosted 2/17/2013 4:29:47 AM
Goddammit, stop abusing the word "confirmed". It doesn't deserve this.
---
sumuthergamer = some other gamer. Get it?
Call me "gamer", not "sumu"...
#5fuzi11Posted 2/17/2013 4:38:25 AM
on the top of my head

clefairy line
togepi line
the pixie trio uxie, mesprit and azelf
maybe the chansey line
somehow only snubbull (not its evolution)
Celebi
cherrim
manaphy-phione
shaymin (hedgehog form)
whimsicott (not the prevo)
#6pokemon456Posted 2/17/2013 4:40:01 AM
Okay hello people i am a Pokemon fan but if you think about it it's more likely for sylveon to be flying or either magic type just look at how elegant her or his body structure is anyway i will be creating a website that will be up and this will be a Pokemon website for Pokemon fans
#7MidnightCrewPosted 2/17/2013 4:56:43 AM
pokemon456 posted...
Okay hello people i am a Pokemon fan but if you think about it it's more likely for sylveon to be flying or either magic type just look at how elegant her or his body structure is anyway i will be creating a website that will be up and this will be a Pokemon website for Pokemon fans

What
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan, Official Misdreavus of The BW 2 Boards. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards.
#8fuzi11Posted 2/17/2013 5:12:06 AM
I don't understand how people can say it is either a flying or a bug type.

Look at it. There is nothing 'fly' about it. Nothing. The only way I can see it flying is with either psychic abilities, like Mew, Mewtwo, Munna or whatever, or with repulsive electromagnetic abilities like magnemite. But if that's the case it is either psychic or electric. (Gyarados is a chinese dragon, like Rayquaza, they fly with their mythical powers)

And bug... I don't even know where to start with that one. Ribbons that look like butterflies? Really? They apparently are like antennas? antennas out of the left ear and the neck? glassy eyes? like Yveltal glass? Bug type is just... uncomrehensible.

neither are rock, ground, dragon, steel, fighting, ghost

I would say, with all the current types going on, 'normal' is the most fitting type. But with keeping it secret and hyping it, 'normal' would be the biggest letdown in the history of eeveelution.

that's why a new fairy/pixie/magic/whatever type is the most fitting idea with at least some sort of basis
#9KitschgardenerPosted 2/17/2013 5:20:42 AM
There is nothing 'fly' about it. Nothing.

Unless it's based on this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/Tennin_%28Japanese_angel%29.jpg
#10NextGen_TBPosted 2/17/2013 5:27:06 AM
A "Spirit" type? Huh, never considered that.

Of course, they are pulling A LOT of surprises this gen. A new type is perfectly conceivable.
---
It's better than logic, it's Nintendo Logic!
"....I completely, utterly, most profusely DESPISE Lucas... Lucas will NEVER be cool." - silversunsspu