This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Type/Sylveon Type 'Confirmed'

#11MikeRoxTheBoatPosted 2/17/2013 6:34:38 AM
NightWatch177 posted...
Thoughts?

If it helps your cause, its French name is 'Nymphali' which comes from the base word 'Nymph.'

Personally? I think it looks more like a Skitty than anything else. Adding a 'light' type seems like it would make more sense than a fairy type, too.
#12AngryGFAQerPosted 2/17/2013 6:39:34 AM
fuzi11 posted...
There is nothing 'fly' about it. Nothing.

http://imgur.com/QrzHR.gif
#13KEN181Posted 2/17/2013 6:48:02 AM
pretty sure he's talking about this image:
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/xy/pokemon02/images/img_pokemon_02.png

where you can cleary see the ???-Type field below Sylveon being light pinkish
but yeah TC, I totally agree with everything you said
---
Wilf > METROD > Phoenis PAUNCH!!!
Poke D/P Name: Rose FC: 4596 6778 0536
#14NextGen_TBPosted 2/17/2013 7:05:44 AM
Now that I see the actual picture, I am wholly confident that this is a new type.
---
It's better than logic, it's Nintendo Logic!
"....I completely, utterly, most profusely DESPISE Lucas... Lucas will NEVER be cool." - silversunsspu
#15bretonftwPosted 2/17/2013 7:13:25 AM
Of course they used a new colour to put over the ???, if they had used a current type's colour (say Normal) everyone would be saying "OMGEHH NORMAL TIEP CUNFIRMD!!1"
---
FROAKIE!
"There's going to be a new type this gen" - Suiku
#16fuzi11Posted 2/17/2013 7:23:09 AM
bretonftw posted...
Of course they used a new colour to put over the ???, if they had used a current type's colour (say Normal) everyone would be saying "OMGEHH NORMAL TIEP CUNFIRMD!!1"

well in all other versions (I mean languages), it's just grey
#17Ike173Posted 2/17/2013 7:24:37 AM
NextGen_TB posted...
A "Spirit" type? Huh, never considered that.

Of course, they are pulling A LOT of surprises this gen. A new type is perfectly conceivable.

Agreed, I think it may be a new type.
---
I was an adventurer like you, until I took an arrow to the knee.
#18AlI_About_The_UPosted 2/17/2013 7:30:03 AM
New Airport type confirmed!
---
http://i.imgur.com/PqS9Duf.jpg
#19jayman7Posted 2/17/2013 10:33:37 AM
fuzi11 posted...
bretonftw posted...

well in all other versions (I mean languages), it's just grey

In the English version, at least, all the type plates are the same color as the plates in the game, but in the Japanese version, all the type plates are the same color as the Pokemon. (Espeon has a purple plate in Japanese and a pink one in English; Flareon has a red-orange plate in Japanese but a regular orange one in English)...

So no new types necessarily confirmed.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#20Ether_SwordPosted 2/17/2013 10:44:11 AM
It's either a new type (which I doubt but possible still) or Normal. Looking at the other Eeveelutions, they are all obvious what type they are. Seeing how Sylveon doesn't show any apparent aspects but has similar color and cutesy appearance like a fair number of other Pokemon like Clefable, I could only imagine it being Normal.

Speaking of Clefable, now imagine if the Clefairy line was new in this generation. There would be so many people saying it's flying type because of those little wings on it's back but look at Sylveon, can you even call those wings?
---
GT: Auryas