This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Type/Sylveon Type 'Confirmed'

#31IHappyGoLuckyIPosted 2/17/2013 1:36:29 PM
CharizardFire posted...
CharizardFire posted...
Honestly, I'm starting to think it is a new type. If it is a new type, and that type is Fairy or something similar, it would fit the pattern of Eeveelutions exemplifying their types AND it would explain why Game Freak is keeping Sylveon's type a secret.

Why would they add a new type though? Just for the lulz? Not against the idea just there seems no reason for them to add a new type.

Because the type chart is severely unbalanced.

The problem with that statement is that adding a new type isn't going to magically balance all the other types. The only way to balance previous types is by giving a larger movepool to all older pokemon. Not all pokemon are going to be created equal, no matter what they add.
---
Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious.
DW FC: 0430-4094-0916 DW Dawn FC: 0344-7129-6960
#32Shin_Megami_BoyPosted 2/17/2013 2:34:08 PM
Is it just me... Or is Espeon's type box color like poison type, and Sylveon like psychic type?

Compare the colors to in-game ones...
---
Pokemon Black FC 5200 3010 7490
Pokemon Black 2 FC 3268 3296 3610
#33MoskidoPosted 2/17/2013 2:36:45 PM
This topic again?
---
FC Black 2: 2752 8681 7430
"Lebron James finally got a ring. Anything can happen now, I guess." - Myself.
#34NomytakerPosted 2/17/2013 2:36:54 PM
Sylph = Air Elemental.
Gamefreak/Nintendo: Hey how can we hide what Sylveon's type is on this website? Give it a different colour to what it is? Perfect!!!
Confirmed every generation, the first few pokemon that come out don't have types attached to them, people go crazy for new types (Fairy/Magic/Machine/Light/Holy/Radioactive/fluffy/etc) and then three or four months later, they get given old types. Please stop, this'll never happen. Every time you mention a new type, Arceus kills a Skitty, Please think of the Skitties.
---
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
#35D_BartPosted 2/17/2013 2:41:24 PM
In order of likeliness:

Flying>Normal>>>>>> new type/Bug.

Anything else is objectively wrong with what information we currently have.
---
Splash
#36darkcloudrepeatPosted 2/17/2013 2:48:25 PM
It's either a Flying, Fighting or Normal type.
But hey if it is a new type then that is all well.
#37GallantChaddymnPosted 2/17/2013 2:59:51 PM
High fives TC
Ninf (nymph) is also a caring forest spirit thingy so it makes sense.
---
Fennekin >>> Every other Gen 6 starter
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/d5r70a1
#38KyubeonPosted 2/17/2013 4:59:50 PM
normally i would say this is a flying type as well due to its name and angelic appearance .... but the fact that they didnt release its type to begin with and are tryin to hype it up does seem like it may be a new type, tho its debuted move set seems slot like normal type moves (check serebii)
---
Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 = my new life
#39LandscapeManXPosted 2/17/2013 6:00:35 PM
Nomytaker posted...
Sylph = Fairy, Fee = Fairy, Nymph = Fairy. Pink = the color of most Fairy pokemon, Beauty & Gracefulness = what best describes the fairy pokemon & Sylveon
Gamefreak/Nintendo: Hey how can we hide what Sylveon's type is on this website? Give it a different colour to what it is? Perfect!!!
Confirmed every generation, the first few pokemon that come out don't have types attached to them, people go crazy for new types (Fairy/Magic/Machine/Light/Holy/Radioactive/fluffy/etc) and then three or four months later, they get given old types. Please stop, this'll never happen. Every time you mention a new type, Arceus kills a Skitty, Please think of the Skitties.

fixed
---
Official Great Toad Sage of this board.
#405ky_4nth3mPosted 2/20/2013 12:20:46 PM
from the looks of it i'd say:

- flying if the counterparts graph actually has any meaning on this, not to mention it does fit a flying type when you make your analysis a little bit deeper than wings=flying/no wings=not flying.

- if the counterparts graph doesn't mean crap, then it could also be a ghost type since like other ppl said it looks spirit-like AND fits the "lightest eeveelution" description just as fine as the flying-type would.
but honestly, a spirit type? that's completely ridiculous and unnecessary when you already have a ghost-type.
a poison-type would be my last option as sylveon still has enough attributes to make a poison-type plausible and explainable.

all in all, everything points in the direction of a flying-type evolution even disregarding the graph mentioned above. the name, physical details, animation, colouring (while it doesn't prove the typing, the colour scheme fits the type unlike most other possibilities).

so yeah, imo it goes like: flying (most likely)>ghost (not likely but possible since it fits most of the information available)>poison (highly unlikely)>bug (extremely unlikely, just added to the list since it at least stands a bit above 0% chance)