This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Luck Poll

#1SilverSockPosted 2/17/2013 8:01:19 PM
Which of these luck-based events has happened to you purely by chance? - Results (125 votes)
I've caught a random shiny in my own game (Not a set encounter like Gyarados, Haxorus, ect.).
24.8% (31 votes)
I've discovered Pokerus randomly and without trading.
8% (10 votes)
I've been to Mirage Island.
0% (0 votes)
Both Shiny and Pokerus
36.8% (46 votes)
Both Shiny and Mirage Island
3.2% (4 votes)
Both Pokerus and Mirage Island
0% (0 votes)
All three of these have happened to me.
5.6% (7 votes)
None of these have happened to me.
10.4% (13 votes)
What the **** is Mirage Island??
11.2% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just curious which of these have happened to people. Obviously there's some other lucky things that can happen but the poll only has so much space.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson
#2CharizardFirePosted 2/17/2013 8:03:04 PM
Both Shiny and Pokérus

I found random shinies in Crystal, LeafGreen, Emerald, Diamond, and Black.
I caught Pokérus in Black.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#3-Zeke-Posted 2/17/2013 8:03:23 PM
Found two shinies once. One after the other. And I've never been to Mirage Island
---
"Your opinion is different from mine, so you are obviously a troll"
3DS code: 1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)
#4MrMahoPosted 2/17/2013 8:06:08 PM
Oh whoops, accidentally voted for just shiny. But I have had both Shiny and discovering the Pokerus. I remember when the nurse was talking about the Pokerus thing when I was younger, I thought my Pokemon was going to die or something.
#5darkdragongirlPosted 2/17/2013 8:09:20 PM
Mirage Island is a rare thing?

Bulbapedia'd.

I remember the old man saying he could see it. So Wailmer, and I found it. Rather easily?

Didn't know it was rare. The more you know.

All three have happened to me.

So far my shiny encounter number is:44

._. Without trades.
---
DELELELE WHOOP!!
#6FuneralCakePosted 2/17/2013 8:13:17 PM
Shiny and Pokerus.

I've found upwards of 10 random shinies, not counting things like Poke Radar and guaranteed shinies, and have got Pokerus 3 times.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
http://i.minus.com/ib1uFDGNC2IrTo.gif
#7SilverSock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 10:59:49 PM
Wow, only five mirage island visitors. I didn't realize that one was so obscure. Also a little surprised how many people have just randomly come across Pokerus. Isn't that, like, way rarer than a shiny? That actually is pretty interesting.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
#8IcyFlamez96Posted 2/17/2013 11:02:59 PM
SilverSock posted...
Wow, only five mirage island visitors. I didn't realize that one was so obscure. Also a little surprised how many people have just randomly come across Pokerus. Isn't that, like, way rarer than a shiny? That actually is pretty interesting.

Mirage island? Tell me more plz?
---
[Not changing sig until a Ratchet and Clank I can be hyped for is announced.]
"You have to learn how to learn before you can learn." - blaze19_0X
#9SilverSock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 10:45:08 AM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
SilverSock posted...

Mirage island? Tell me more plz?

In R/S/E there was a small chance every day for an island to appear, taking up a big part of the route to the right of Pacifidlog. There was an old guy in Paicifidlog who would tell you either "I can't see Mirage Island today..." or "I see it! I see Mirage Island!" If you got lucky and played on a day that it appeared, you could go to the island, where you could catch wild Wynauts and get a Liechi Berry.

So it's not super exciting, but still pretty cool. And apparently it's way rarer (and obscure for that matter) than I thought.
---
#10KogaSteelfangPosted 2/18/2013 11:00:54 AM
Both PKRS and shiny.

I caught PKRS like 3 times in Pearl.
The first time I didn't realize I had caught it, and by the time I fingured it out, my pokemon were cured already. Feverishly checked my PC for any there, but nope, just my party pokes which had already been EV'd.

A few weeks later, it happened again, but this time I caught it in time. I spread it to the rest of my party, and to extra pokemon to keep in the pc. Eventually, all my party pokemon were cured, and I had some infected pokes in the pc for later use.

Eventually, I was chaining and was using my Gallade which had never been infected(EV'd before i got PKRS), and the rest of my party was cured already.
Well, to my surprise, when I was done, he had PKRS too. Double checked the rest of my party, none with active PKRS to infect him.

Luckily, I also caught 2 random shinies on Pearl too, and a shiny patch with a chain of 1 too, so same odds as a random one. It was a balanced game luck-wise for me.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.