This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most facepalm worthy thing youve done in pokemon games

#21LEBRONJAMESJRPosted 2/18/2013 3:52:51 AM
Mine is the worst

When i was 6 I got Pokemon Crystal and for 3 months i didnt know how to get my starter. I thought the flowers were coins and you somehow got your starter that way. Anyway i asked many people and they just laughed at me. One day my 2 year old little sister got ahold of my gameboy and picked chickorita on accident. It was a different color but i didnt care i didnt want chickorita, so i restarted still not knowing how to get a starter. Another month passed by and my cousin came to visit and helped me. I still wish i had that shiny chickorita to this day. I look back on it and lol so hard now.
---
Leader of The Church of Arceus.
B2 FC 0261 9660 3788
#22KrisipokePosted 2/18/2013 3:57:49 AM
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
There were no move-remember guys back then were there?

There was a way. If you beat the champion in Stadium 2, you could re-remember a move for one of your party Pokémon.

sonic2307 posted...
Back in Blue I KOed Zapdos and Articuno and forget about them, not knowing they are legendaries. then I wasted my master ball on Moltres instead of saving it for mewtwo. Wasn't I pissed off at Moltres' moveset of Peck, Leer and Fire Spin.

Moltres is just as hard to catch as Mewtwo. The only difference is that Mewtwo has a higher level, stronger attacks, and Recover, which technically makes it harder to catch, but the odds are still the same. And Fire Spin was a great move in the first generation, but Moltres, or fire Pokémon in general were pretty bad.

Anyway, I used my Master Ball on a Chansey in Crystal. Also, in the same game, I defeated all the legendary beasts, because I thought you had to. Great.
---
Goemon, Simon Belmont, Mega Man, Paper Mario, Alex Roivas, Isaac, and Prince Sabure for SSB4!
http://www.backloggery.com/krisi
#23GoodnightMedicPosted 2/18/2013 4:12:11 AM
When I first started Pokemon Red, my Charmander was poisoned in Viridian Forest. I thought my game was glitched or broken when it does that screen shakey thing every few steps, and I started to panic when it kept happening.

So I restarted my file (luckily I was so early on in the game!) and when it happened again on the new file I figured it was intentional. I still remember the horror though.

Also when a Rattata used Leer on Charmander I thought the stat change was permanent and kept freaking out that my Pokemon was going to be really weak :c

Alsoalso when you first fight the Elite 4 and an NPC says something like 'if you lose to one of them you have to start all over again!', I thought it meant the entire game. I put off fighting them for weeks :<
#24tvakPosted 2/18/2013 4:20:58 AM
i cant think of something permanent i have done in a Pokemon game but i can think of one i managed to undo after i did it because of dub luck ^_^
i threw the master ball (in firered) at another trainers pokemon to see what would happen
it didn't end well for the master ball
#25darkdragongirlPosted 2/18/2013 4:25:59 AM
Being seven, and getting to Lavender Town in Pokemon Yellow, then spending 3 days to beat it because the music scared me, and I could only play at night after homework, and practice.
---
DELELELE WHOOP!!
#26TheAvianheartPosted 2/18/2013 4:28:22 AM
I spent all of Silver refusing to set my bike to "Sel." because I thought it would sell the bike.
#27ThanatosIkkePosted 2/18/2013 4:44:24 AM
KOíng a shiny Stantler in Gold because I thought it was a bug like Missingno :D
#28SephirothtPosted 2/18/2013 4:50:00 AM
Deleting my Silver savefile that had my lv.100 Feraligatr (my first and only lv.100).
Not that it matters as the internal battery would've run dry anyway. :)
---
Official Jungo & Black Rider of the SMTIV board.
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere, R - Burning Executive
#29CM_PonchPosted 2/18/2013 4:51:31 AM

lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#30MizunoRyuuPosted 2/18/2013 4:52:51 AM
I completed Pokemon Ranger, got the Manaphy Egg and used my cousin's NDS to trade it to my Pokemon Pearl game. Well, I really wanted to use it, and my starter was Empoleon, and I'm dead set against multityping in teams, so I reset and picked Chimchar. I also lost my copy of Pokemon Ranger soon after so there was no way of getting another Manaphy.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...