This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New pokemon games should have customizable avatar

#1anonymousickoPosted 2/18/2013 7:02:01 AM
It's been years already for me waiting for this feature to be available and now it's 2013 this should be made possible. It'll be cool and makes it more personal especially for battling competitively. What do you guys think?
#2necxv17Posted 2/18/2013 7:12:24 AM
No.
It would no longer be pokemon
#3anonymousicko(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 7:19:49 AM
why not? It's an RPG and as long as it's not Mii avatar >.> this will generate more interests
#412RougePosted 2/18/2013 7:20:46 AM
Just because it's an RPG doesn't mean it must have character customization.
---
Accurate description of my current emotional state:
http://i.imgur.com/XId329W.jpg Sorry if this'll affect anybody negatively.
#5SlimeStackPosted 2/18/2013 7:26:13 AM
I'm honestly shocked that people are opposed to the idea.

The games are now designed for millions of players to interact all over the world. Gen V gave us many ways to personalize our presence out there in the form of profiles with taglines/quotes/messages and choosing an NPC avatar to represent you. Giving us a custom trainer would be the logical next step in fleshing that concept out. It's not even a new idea, Battle Revolution did that because it's easier to do with 3D graphics than 2D, and the main games now have 3D, so...
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#612RougePosted 2/18/2013 7:31:55 AM
SlimeStack posted...
I'm honestly shocked that people are opposed to the idea.

The games are now designed for millions of players to interact all over the world. Gen V gave us many ways to personalize our presence out there in the form of profiles with taglines/quotes/messages and choosing an NPC avatar to represent you. Giving us a custom trainer would be the logical next step in fleshing that concept out. It's not even a new idea, Battle Revolution did that because it's easier to do with 3D graphics than 2D, and the main games now have 3D, so...

I'm not opposed, I actually want it, but when people say it's a necessity since Pokemon's an RPG is not a logical reason why.
---
Accurate description of my current emotional state:
http://i.imgur.com/XId329W.jpg Sorry if this'll affect anybody negatively.
#7anonymousicko(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 7:32:04 AM
I think it would be a great addition and give the game a fresh feeling. And no more people would complain about how hideous the characters(hair?) look
#8KitschgardenerPosted 2/18/2013 7:49:52 AM
necxv17 posted...
No.

Does being in 3D make it no longer Pokémon?
Is the "Pokémon way" to have customisable bases/villas/homes but no customisability for the main character?
Is it no longer Pokémon the moment we can choose to customise the main character's clothing when we've been dressing up Pokémon with accessories for years?

Unfortunately, GF are troll-y when it comes to making games more customisable and less linear. I'm dreading what the games are going to lose while 3D graphics are implemented.
#9RatedRKO7Posted 2/18/2013 9:34:04 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
necxv17 posted...
No.

Does being in 3D make it no longer Pokémon?
Is the "Pokémon way" to have customisable bases/villas/homes but no customisability for the main character?
Is it no longer Pokémon the moment we can choose to customise the main character's clothing when we've been dressing up Pokémon with accessories for years?

Unfortunately, GF are troll-y when it comes to making games more customisable and less linear. I'm dreading what the games are going to lose while 3D graphics are implemented.

My belief is that screenshot in the trailer with the mirror is just after customization.
---
Got it memorized?- Axel
Pokemon X & Y takes place in France started 1/8/13 Official Infernape of The Pokemon X Board and Kyogre of Pokemon Y
#10DemonocchioPosted 2/18/2013 9:36:43 AM
I'm pretty sure we've already got some form of customization. The glasses/goggles that the male main character has on their hat throughout most of the trailer are not on his head when he's swinging on the vine rope. Where did they go?