This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what exactly is the new 'bond' mechanic?

#1NidoprimePosted 2/18/2013 7:44:56 AM
I've seen it mentioned several times but I don't know any details. What do we know about this?
---
Just dodge U-1, keep dodging!
Pokemon Black 2 - 0562 4704 4442
#2theboogsPosted 2/18/2013 7:46:09 AM
Pretty much nothing except the name.
---
b2 friend code: 1077 8566 9093
#3CM_PonchPosted 2/18/2013 7:46:39 AM
Synchro monsters
---
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#4Balamb00Posted 2/18/2013 7:46:51 AM
Same here, thank you for this topic. I see it mentioned here and there but I can't find any confirmation out there.
#5SlimeStackPosted 2/18/2013 7:47:13 AM
They said something to the effect of the bonds between you and your Pokémon will grow deeper with the new battle structure.

For some reason people took that to mean there's a new mechanic called bonds even though it was random marketing jargon.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#6Nidoprime(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 7:47:21 AM
Ah that's why I don't know anything haha. Thanks mate.
---
Just dodge U-1, keep dodging!
Pokemon Black 2 - 0562 4704 4442
#7EnferolunosPosted 2/18/2013 7:50:21 AM
SlimeStack posted...
They said something to the effect of the bonds between you and your Pokémon will grow deeper with the new battle structure.

For some reason people took that to mean there's a new mechanic called bonds even though it was random marketing jargon.

A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger.

http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=561

Not just "random marketing jargon"
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#8SlimeStackPosted 2/18/2013 7:52:14 AM
Enferolunos posted...
SlimeStack posted...

A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger.

Sure, there's a new mechanic, but bonds is still a random term. Everything and anything you do with a Pokémon can be considered bonding.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#9EnferolunosPosted 2/18/2013 7:54:19 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Enferolunos posted...
SlimeStack posted...

Sure, there's a new mechanic, but bonds is still a random term. Everything and anything you do with a Pokémon can be considered bonding.

It's not? I doubt they would use it the same way twice if it was somewhat arbitrary and meaningless. There's no reason not to take them at their word.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#10Balamb00Posted 2/18/2013 7:56:52 AM(edited)
SlimeStack posted...

Thank you from me too.

Typical, I can deal with speculation, like with the multitude of topics about Sylveon but this is absurd. Now I recall seeing that in the trailer and it all makes sense. People around here go on as if it's an actual confirmed new game mechanic. No speculation just guaranteed. The Pokemon community can be ahh well, presumptuous, to put it nicely.

Edit- And just like that I am owned. My bad.