This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Early game gym leaders don't make sense!

#31MagmastaPosted 2/18/2013 1:20:26 PM
it makes sense to me, my pokemon were lower level than the gym leader or equal.
---
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend
#32knuxnolePosted 2/18/2013 1:20:29 PM
Frankula posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...
I like how you keep ignoring everything about Cheren. Which is canon. And in the games. And should apply for all gym leaders, unless you have an explanation for why they would not have stronger pokemon, even though the PWT should already proven you wrong

You're the one being defensive lmao

I have not ignored it. I addressed it as trivial because this case only occurs in this ONE instance. And 1 does not constitute a pattern.

I never said I wasn't being defensive. Of course I'm going to defend my own claims.

Why though? It;s not your claim will ever mean anything.
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#33Frankula(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:21:17 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Forcing realism into a game (or any fictional setting) doesn't necessarily make it better.

Making things adhere to the exact same forumla for 6 generations of a game doesn't make it better either. At least its an attempt to do something different for the interest of advancing the series.
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
#34darkdragongirlPosted 2/18/2013 1:21:27 PM
Frankula posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...
I like how you keep ignoring everything about Cheren. Which is canon. And in the games. And should apply for all gym leaders, unless you have an explanation for why they would not have stronger pokemon, even though the PWT should already proven you wrong

I have not ignored it. I addressed it as trivial because this case only occurs in this ONE instance. And 1 does not constitute a pattern.

I never said I wasn't being defensive. Of course I'm going to defend my own claims.

It's a game made for CHILDREN mainly.

Next you're going to make a topic on why Ash is dumb, and why does he have to restart.

You're assuming that gym leaders do not have stronger Pokemon.

Also, children's game first, and foremost.
---
DELELELE WHOOP!!
#35lilaschildkrotePosted 2/18/2013 1:21:45 PM
Well lance is a hacker with his dragonites that aren't even level 55.
---
Official Golbez of the pokemon black2 and white2 boards.
Official Espeon of the Eevee Corps *Special Attack to the max*
#36KingTumbleweedPosted 2/18/2013 1:24:31 PM
The evil organisation is the side story here, not the gyms. The main character isn't a vigilante.

G/S/C, Gym Leader rematches, Cheren and PWT all disprove what you are trying to say. Gym Leaders purposely scale, they aren't going to use their strongest team on a child who just left their hometown. And before you come and say the old "But I traded over Level 100s, no sense," you shouldn't be doing that at all. No one, literally no one, cares about people who have to trade over Level 100s to beat any of the first few gyms.
---
<('__'< ) <( '__' )> ( >'__')> ^( '__' ^) (^ '__')^ ^( ' o ' )^
Official Ferrothorn(Spahgetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#37FuneralCakePosted 2/18/2013 1:24:42 PM
Why does this game have magical animals? It's never explained in the game why they have such magical powers. I think the next game should have just normal animals for a change, because why not? Do something different just for the hell of it!
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
http://i.minus.com/iq8muBpbUwPVj.gif
#38Frankula(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:25:07 PM
darkdragongirl posted...
Frankula posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...

It's a game made for CHILDREN mainly.

Next you're going to make a topic on why Ash is dumb, and why does he have to restart.

You're assuming that gym leaders do not have stronger Pokemon.

Also, children's game first, and foremost.

I've already presented an idea that would keep this a children game. It just involves you NOT facing gym leaders until later on in the game, and instead facing low level enemies of the evil organization. I'm assuming that gym leaders don't have stronger pokemon yes, but you are assuming that they do. Neither of us have proof so it isn't fair to say I'm wrong when you could just as well be wrong.

Again, childrens game doesn't mean that the gym leaders have to be done in the same manner that they have been in the past 5 generations. Kids won't care who their fiding, whether it be a hideout boss or a gym leader.
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
#39CM_PonchPosted 2/18/2013 1:26:48 PM
Frankula posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...
They're using their weakest Pokemon because they know they're up against a weaker trainer. It's a test of skill, not power.

That's all fine and good, but they are never proven to HAVE higher level pokemon.

Gym leader rematches, PWT.

I like that TC ignored this because it ruined his argument
---
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#40knuxnolePosted 2/18/2013 1:31:13 PM(edited)
His argument means nothing at ALL. Why? Cause nothing will ever come out of it, at all. No changes will ever be made unless he himself enters the industry.

LMFAO

It's kinda funny how serious he is about his tiny argument and logical reasons for them. It's not gonna result in anything meaningful.
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782