This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The truth about Sylveon (evidence and sociological perspectives included)

#21Katharina27Posted 2/18/2013 11:23:07 PM
Ok, I may have been joking about the Eevee being queer if it can be male but... really? Congratulations on combining every single theory with the expressed purpose to &%$# with people. You are a truly talented individual.
---
I am guilty of being an insufferable smart ass!
Too many people I know would be perfectly content to burn me for a witch.
#22AlI_About_The_UPosted 2/18/2013 11:45:12 PM
From: ShiningRegice | Posted: 2/18/2013 5:32:45 PM | #006
Sylveon is confirmed to be the LIGHEST eeveelution (Heavier than eevee i think)... This could confirm the fairy flying and bug...

This clearly confirms Light-type.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PqS9Duf.jpg
#23oakenleePosted 2/19/2013 12:40:39 AM
where's ultimacanti when we needed him lol
#24shrooboid313Posted 2/19/2013 6:05:52 AM
HOWEVER, a Marxist Sociologist would argue that Sylveon only exists to distract people from the fact that they are being brainwashed by the Upper class into accepting that being controlled is good, known as "the opium of the people".

There's some real sociology for you!
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shrooboid313?feature=mhee
Please check out my YouTube channel.
#25PolimarioPosted 2/19/2013 6:20:24 AM
YellowcoatUnit1 posted...

Male: Bug/Normal

* Bug explanation: Sylveon has butterfly-shaped bows, antenna-like appendages, glossy blue eyes, and sharp teeth.

antenna-like appendages...sharp teeth.

Literally grasping at straws.
---
Official Miror Admin. Shadow Pokemon: Feraligatr.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbn8e2Vsjl1qibib0o2_r2_500.gif
#26_Quest_Posted 2/19/2013 8:08:05 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Wow, what? No.
Also, you have no idea what sociology is.

Wah you caught me! darn my psychology degree

How about this: you don't have a psychology degree. A psychology degree would indicate intelligence, and for you to make assumptions as you have indicates a complete lack of intelligence.

Regards: someone with a real degree. A First in BSc Psychology, incidentally.
---
Currently Playing: Torchlight II, Pokemon Black 2, Fallen Enchantress, Lego Star Wars Saga, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
#27KogaSteelfangPosted 2/19/2013 9:08:05 AM
Guys, the real reason they don't tell the types is to keep interest up.
If we learned the type when sylveon was first shown, interest would be waning by now.
The discussions are still going strong about this simply by keeping it a secret.

Then, when they eventually reveal the type, it'll feel like a big reveal, when it's actually just a fluff announcement to fill the void between the bigger ones. Then the interest will spike back up because of the "new" info about a poke we'll have known about for a long time.
It maximizes interest without revealing a lot.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#28Masenko86Posted 2/19/2013 9:29:54 AM
MagikarpRules posted...
Iced_Shadows posted...
MagikarpRules posted...
Iced_Shadows posted...
MagikarpRules posted...
Why keep feeding the desire of some folks to have new types? What makes some people think there will be new types?

Some people WANT new types, while others simply jump to conclusions because this is the first time an Eeveelution's typing isn't obvious (and thus it would be easy to assume we've got a new typing.)

But where the hell did the "fairy type" come from? I... actually like that idea WAY more than Light. So many Pokemon already fall into that line...

I know some people are fixated on new types, and it's annoying to see people jumping to conclusions based on flimsy "evidence". Personally, I think Sylveon is either Normal/Flying (which seems to be the default for Pokemon you would only classify as Flying) or pure Flying. But I prefer to wait and see what GFreak brings to the table.

Agreed. I immediately thought "Oh, a Flying-type Eeveelution. Cool." When I saw it. So many people don't want to even consider that a possibility because they want a new typing so badly... but it just seems like a Flying type to me. Probably can't actually fly, but it could use wind-like moves and whatnot.

If Doduo/Dodrio are classified as Flying (and can indeed Fly), I don't see why Sylveon wouldn't do it. The only thing slightly remarkable is that Sylveon looks more feminine than any other Eeveelution.

There will be new types. Sylveon will be fabric type and another new eeveelution will be rubber type.
#29Fierce_Deity777Posted 2/19/2013 10:29:34 AM
"Sylv" here comes from "Microsoft Silverlight".

Guys, I think TC might be joking.
---
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Boards.
#30Twilight_SonataPosted 2/19/2013 10:49:30 AM
shrooboid313 posted...
There's some real sociology for you!

Where?

Fierce_Deity777 posted...
Guys, I think TC might be joking.

You don't say.
---