This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Why is Charizard NU because of stealth rocks, when Volcarona is OU?"

#81tsunamisurfer08Posted 2/21/2013 3:44:34 PM
I started with Red. I still thought he was bad then too.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#82GiftedACIIIPosted 2/21/2013 6:07:22 PM
Kyle1022 posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
lol real colleges dont have people who are obsessed with pokemon.. And theyd still be hipsters

Do you even go to college? Everyone in that age group played Pokemon when it came out and will say Charizard is the best. I'm saying, if you want to stop preaching to the choir, then go to a college campus and tell them all about how Volcarona is better than Charizard. They'll just laugh at you.

I went to an ivy league university. Very few of the aspiring kids play Pokemon and if they did they definitely don't take it too seriously at all. If someone who had more knowledge and experience in Pokemon than them I'm sure they'd believe what he or she said.

@Snuffles, pretty much everybody who MAINS Pokemon who isn't a child or playing competitively is a hipster.
#83EpsteinBarrPosted 2/21/2013 9:23:37 PM
So the conclusion out of all this is Charizard is the better Pokemon? I concur. Then again, it's common sense.
#84Kyle1022Posted 2/21/2013 9:59:53 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...
So the conclusion out of all this is Charizard is the better Pokemon? I concur. Then again, it's common sense.

Obviously. If nothing else, just to get all this board's hipsters' panties in a bunch.
#85Kyle1022Posted 2/21/2013 10:06:18 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
I went to an ivy league university

Your ignorance to the definition of the word "hipster" makes me think otherwise...
#86EpsteinBarrPosted 2/21/2013 10:10:57 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
I went to an ivy league university

Who cares? It's not like going to an ivy league guarantees you a good job anymore.
#87aznjdudePosted 2/21/2013 11:59:54 PM
If you are talking about BST then you guys are clearly forgetting about Breloom. I mean bad BST and a horrid movepool amd yet its still very loved because of how well they distributed its stats
---
"I had a Best Buy employee come up to me and try to convince me to buy the "Sony Wii".
Pokemon Black FC - 472776788756
#88Shadow_StarWolfPosted 2/22/2013 12:19:28 AM
That's exactly what I'm implying. The amount of Charizard haters on this board far outnumbers the Charizard fanboys. People who act like genwunners and say that Charizard is the best are just trolling you to get your panties in a bunch.

If you want to stop preaching to the choir, go to a college campus or something and talk to all the kids and tell them that Charizard sucks compared to Volcarona. See how well you get through to them.

Someone needs to read.

If you are talking about BST then you guys are clearly forgetting about Breloom. I mean bad BST and a horrid movepool amd yet its still very loved because of how well they distributed its stats

Yeah. Useful abilities + very useful movepool.

I love my Technician Breloom.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#89FuzzyJelloPosted 2/22/2013 12:42:07 AM
Ultimate_Nova_X posted...
As much as I disapprove of smogon:

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue21/charizard

Owie Zowie, I can see why. Most scathing thing I've ever read from em'.
#90IrisVilePosted 2/22/2013 12:58:08 AM
FuzzyJello posted...
Ultimate_Nova_X posted...
As much as I disapprove of smogon:

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue21/charizard

Owie Zowie, I can see why. Most scathing thing I've ever read from em'.

I mean it is true. I seriously don't know why this topic came back.(I am glad it did) but realistically and logically speaking the argument should be over. Solar Power in all honesty is awful on Charizard, like even if you did quiver or shellpass to it, one phazing move like Dragon Tail, Roar, or Whirlwind and game over(with the inevitable stealth rocks on the field)

I for one love Delcatty but know that without a better ability, and stats she is bottom barrel. I accept this. Sure I guess I could run Fake Out, or CM and Hyper Voice, but even then loads do it better, even in a just fun match I'd rather use a bulky Vespiquen...I just think we should all bury the hatchet and accept that sometimes out favorites aren't that great.
---
One Girl + One Eevee = A Solo Run To RuleThem All http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960099-pokemon-heartgold-version/60725080