This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So my friend bet me 100 dollars...

#1ktbanditPosted 2/19/2013 12:26:15 AM
So I never finished either of the gen 5 games, but the announcement of Gen 6 kinda rekindled a flame in me. I am going to play through Fire Red, Ruby, Heart Gold, Diamond, Black, and White 2 hopefully by October. I want to do so without focusing on the competitive side of Pokemon too much and using my favorites and ignoring Ivs, evs. That being said my friend doesn't really have the knowledge of the competitive side of Pokemon, where as I'm not very good but I know about it haha, he bet me 100 dollars that he would beat me in fire red vs a leaf green team. I accepted, thinking I'd actually put the time in to perfect a team, but don't think I will, Only really focusing on natures but by the time I get to the islands I might try to breed my team, and at least do some ev training, idk yet. Trouble is I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to use the team I want for this.
-Blastoise
-Primape
-Crobat
-Dugtrio
-Arcanine
-Jolteon, Dragonite, or raiko. Can't decide. Any ideas???

Bout to pass out but hope to wake up to some good suggestions, or ideas. Thanks in advance.
---
Check me out on YouTube rambling about call of duty and other random stuff. YouTube/GamerTag: DaBlueBonnet
#2ecylisPosted 2/19/2013 12:28:08 AM
Nidoking is pretty great.
I'd replace Dugtrio for it. I'd teach it:

Megahorn
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Brick Break

Poison Point only makes him better.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NaW3frK.gif | Pokemon White: http://i.imgur.com/BlxTP3R.png | http://i.imgur.com/NaW3frK.gif
#3Twilight_SonataPosted 2/19/2013 12:29:22 AM(edited)
How long do you have until the battle? And are the any restrictions? Species clause, item clause, evasion clause, sleep clause, etc.?
It sounds like both of you are only picking from the original 151 Pokemon?
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#4willingmessPosted 2/19/2013 12:29:29 AM
put dragonite in there.
---
official team miror admin
shadow pokemon: flygon
#5ktbandit(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 7:49:09 AM
ecylis posted...
Nidoking is pretty great.
I'd replace Dugtrio for it. I'd teach it:

Megahorn
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Brick Break

Poison Point only makes him better.

I was gonna do that, but Dugtrio is my second favorite Pokemon, gotta use him and Arcanine.

For the other post, no clauses were made but no uber legendaries.

We will battle whenever we both have teams on the 60's and up.
---
Check me out on YouTube rambling about call of duty and other random stuff. YouTube/GamerTag: DaBlueBonnet
#6theboogsPosted 2/19/2013 7:54:33 AM
Chances are he used an action replay.
---
b2 friend code: 1077 8566 9093
#7ktbandit(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 8:05:01 AM
theboogs posted...
Chances are he used an action replay.

Haha that's a viable option for both of us, but it won't got there, this is a long awaited rematch from my yellow vs his red version, well see how it goes haha.
---
#8darkdragongirlPosted 2/19/2013 8:22:56 AM
My FR team in the end:

Blastoise
Arcanine
Nidoking
Scizor
Jolteon
Dragonite

I remember Nidoking's moveset only because I used him to easily wreck my friends:

Poison Jab (STAB)
Megahorn (Psychic coverage)
Brick Break (Dark coverage)
Shadow Ball (Psychic or whatever else)

Scizor had technician and whatever moveset was good at the time.

I only EV traines Nidoking, Scizor, and a little bit of Jolteon so he wasn't useless, and fast enough to paralyze.
---
DELELELE WHOOP!!
#9vaporeon96Posted 2/19/2013 8:28:10 AM
i would put a vaporeon in there. they have a decent amount of HP, and have good moves.
---
pokemon black 2 FC: 2409 4148 9077
#10pokemonzeroPosted 2/19/2013 8:48:43 AM
If you can trade I would put Alakazam (flamethrower,Thunderbolt,Icebeam,Psychic) in there
---
Volunteer at Dream World Paradise. Jobs done 17
Black 2 William FC: 0648 5041 0950 Turn off chat(press x) before talking to me in wi-fi.