This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Feeling guilty for ditching a Pokemon

#1taexPosted 2/19/2013 4:30:20 AM
Yeah yeah, troll all you want, but here's the story. So, a Fire type always has a place in my team. In most instances, I build my team around a fire type. I'm also partial to fast attacking types so I got myself a Ponyta. It was great in the beginning when type disadvantages wasn't a big deal. But on levels 25 to 35, I found myself switching Ponyta out to water types and rock types, which are very common in caves and while surfing (Ponyta also doesn't like Aqua Jet). And that's not all, I mainly use Ponyta for grass types but I also have a bug type and often times my bug pokemon does a better job against grass than Ponyta. I really want Ponyta on my team but I'm also a very frank person. The team is still the priority and it's not acceptable whenever a type disadvantage presents itself to Ponyta it screams "SWITCH!" So I've made the decision to replace Ponyta with Heatran. Yes it still can't handle water types but at least it can handle rock types. But whenever I see Ponyta when browsing boxes it's like saying "Why did you do this to me? We spent so much time together and then you suddenly ditch me?"

Now, how would Kobe feel if he was traded out of the Lakers?
---
Mmm... Pies...
#2KingTumbleweedPosted 2/19/2013 4:35:04 AM
Kobe is real and can show his emotion and disappointment. Ponyta is a sentient horse who can't react at all to whatever the hell you're saying about it. You're replacing it's spot on a team, it's not like you've offered to kill it.
---
<('__'< ) <( '__' )> ( >'__')> ^( '__' ^) (^ '__')^ ^( ' o ' )^
Official Ferrothorn(Spahgetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#3Ambi3ntT3chPosted 2/19/2013 4:35:45 AM
Provided it can take just one hit you could give it Sunny Day and Solar Beam
#4CM_PonchPosted 2/19/2013 4:38:06 AM
I understand your pain TC, I too grow attached to my pokemon.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#5taex(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 4:39:37 AM
Ambi3ntT3ch posted...
Provided it can take just one hit you could give it Sunny Day and Solar Beam

I was thinking of giving it SB and Sunny Day but I though it probably can't survive 2 - 3 attacks to set it up. And it lessens its alpha-ness lol.
---
Mmm... Pies...