This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bad fan ideas that you've heard of.

#11PolimarioPosted 2/19/2013 6:23:49 AM
Jrx1 posted...
jneal57 posted...

Equipment for Pokemon

Not a bad idea if only changes looks and not stats. Like Musical accessories. I mean, it would be fun to battle a Palkia with a monocle, wouldn't it?

This.

I want to show Prof. Sceptile to ze world!
---
Official Miror Admin. Shadow Pokemon: Feraligatr.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbn8e2Vsjl1qibib0o2_r2_500.gif
#12KitschgardenerPosted 2/19/2013 6:44:56 AM
They should retconn Mr Mime already. It's been far too long.

What, gender-wise? You surely know its name in Japanese isn't specifically masculine.

since theres no death in pokemon.

Hmmm not quite.
#13adamoldenPosted 2/19/2013 6:53:07 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
They should retconn Mr Mime already. It's been far too long.

What, gender-wise? You surely know its name in Japanese isn't specifically masculine.

since theres no death in pokemon.

Hmmm not quite.

Oh I am aware it isn't called Mr.Mime, and there's been death yes, but not in game play terms. I'd say Cubone evolves from a Kanga baby if its mom faints in battle while its in the party, but then it cant get the skull unless that fainted kanga disappears, like an opposite ninjask evo where u get shedninja and ninjask, and the adult 'dies' but that wont work. If they just left the death as an assumption and let u capture both baby kanga and cubones, where adult kangas and marowaks coexist, it can just be a subtle thing.

Also I think equipment on pokemon being visible be awesome. Everyone would be sporting Black Glasses.
#14FrankulaPosted 2/19/2013 7:02:48 AM
Hey TC, hows the inside of your butt looking these days?
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
#15VIIVincentPosted 2/19/2013 7:18:05 AM
dual type moves

any new types

triple typed Pokemon

Fusion - Kyurem, Zekrom and Reshiram is already one and i hope we dont get more. luckily, Zekrom and Reshiram cant fuse with each other.

trying to buff/nerf types

more Stealth Rock like attacks
---
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*
#16BurningFlareXPosted 2/19/2013 7:41:01 AM
Games with no new Pokemon, just the first 151.
Worst idea EVER.
---
<Insert inspiring quote here.>
#17eponastarPosted 2/19/2013 8:03:48 AM
A laptop.

You carry it around like the pokegear and can switch pokemon and items on the move.

I suppose it could be impractical.
---
" I never told anyone.... but I've always thought they were lighthouses "
Seriously, go play To the Moon
#18Darkwolf BloodsbanePosted 2/19/2013 8:12:17 AM
Multi-type moves
New Types
Abandoning Turn-Based
Grimdark story (slightly darker would be fine, the levels most want to take it to is not.)
Sextuple battles (Sextuple rotation would be cool, though)
an area that gets worse in real-time, making it so you only have so many IRL days to beat the game (oh, wait, that's not fan-based)
---
Leather doesn't really suit me...unless it's lingerie. - Katythefr3ak
#19jayman7Posted 2/19/2013 8:29:07 AM
adamolden posted...
Also Kang pre-evo is long over do and it's pretty much been put into every fan made game ever and it works. It doesnt NEED to evolve into cubone, since theres no death in pokemon, it can just be mentioned in dex entries like it always has. Just put wild kang babies and cubones in the same area with adult kangas and marowaks and it gets the point across without needing to kill pokemon off. Heck, have an NPC give u a cubone and tell u its mother was 'lost' during a marowak/kangas territory battle to solidfy the point.

A bad fan idea I've heard: that Cubone and Kangaskhan are or ever should have been related.

Things like new types are not bad fan ideas; they're unnecessary fan ideas. Unnecessary =/= bad. (Well, stupid types are bad ideas, but I'm talking things like "Red type" and "Monkey type" and "Firefighting type"; you only think Light is a "stupid type" because it doesn't already exist in Pokemon. I do not care whether or not they add a Light type so long as they are smart with how they modify the type chart to accommodate.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#20ryudin89Posted 2/19/2013 8:36:12 AM
Any idea fans post on Gamefaqs

But especially light types which is pointless and getting rid of the turn-based style system in favor of a ATB system.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr