This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can't deal with not knowing what Sylveon's type is.

#11CharizardFirePosted 2/19/2013 8:41:35 PM
Uh, it happens, like, every gen. We had no idea what types Reshiram and Zekrom were at first, and everybody insisted that they would be Light and Dark respectively. We had no idea what Lucario or Chatot were at first, and everybody insisted that they would be Water and Sound respectively. They do this to get us talking and build up hype, and it's working.

Weren't Reshiram and Zekrom confirmed to be Dragon-types the day after their initial reveal? It look longer for us to learn about their other types, but we knew about the Dragon part almost right away.

... and people thought Lucario was going to be a Water-type?
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#12Twilight_SonataPosted 2/19/2013 8:49:33 PM
CharizardFire posted...
Weren't Reshiram and Zekrom confirmed to be Dragon-types the day after their initial reveal?

I'm pretty sure I remember it taking a couple of days, during which I remember that Light/Flying and Dark/Ground (tail looks like a drill) were the popular. Even after the Dragon confirmation, though, it was Light/Dragon and Dark/Dragon that were most popular.

...and people thought Lucario was going to be a Water-type?

I kid you not. Yes, just because some of it was blue. People used crappy reasoning for their type speculations back then, and they really haven't gotten any better.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#13BikdipOnABusPosted 2/19/2013 9:27:07 PM
They wouldn't let Eevee evolve with the Shiny Stone, it would break continuity. Otherwise Leafeon would have used the Leaf Stone.
---
If you actively hate Justin Bieber... then you don't know what "intended audience" means. Hate Twilight instead, it's far worse.
#14MagikarpRulesPosted 2/19/2013 9:29:46 PM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
CharizardFire posted...
Weren't Reshiram and Zekrom confirmed to be Dragon-types the day after their initial reveal?

I'm pretty sure I remember it taking a couple of days, during which I remember that Light/Flying and Dark/Ground (tail looks like a drill) were the popular. Even after the Dragon confirmation, though, it was Light/Dragon and Dark/Dragon that were most popular.

...and people thought Lucario was going to be a Water-type?

I kid you not. Yes, just because some of it was blue. People used crappy reasoning for their type speculations back then, and they really haven't gotten any better.

Sadly, that last part is true. People was fixated on Shinx line being part Dark. Then again with Blitzle and Zebstrika. Because their fur is dark.
#15GrahamNumberPosted 2/19/2013 9:35:39 PM
It's probably rock type to troll people who pretend to guess it's type based on appearance.