This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why would Genwunners-High Fivers come to a Pokemon X/Y board?

#1MesmerilPosted 2/19/2013 6:15:03 PM
If they like their corresponding generations and think any other is worse/should not have been created, then it would be quite idiotic to come to the X/Y board.

No offense to anyone who are though, my best friend is a Genwunner and constantly complains his Black and White game sucks, even though he's at the 8th gym lol
#2Xavier_On_HighPosted 2/19/2013 6:17:10 PM
"High Fivers" isn't actually a thing now, is it? Who agreed to that?!
---
"It was like unwrapping a wonderful present -- a present made out of presents." - Graham Linehan, describing the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
#3NessEggmanPosted 2/19/2013 6:18:48 PM
Mesmeril posted...
No offense to anyone who are though, my best friend is a Genwunner and constantly complains his Black and White game sucks, even though he's at the 8th gym lol

This answers a big portion of your question. They still play and enjoy all the games, but they complain about them so that they can say "I liked it before it was cool" or "I liked it first." This gives them a feeling of superiority, which makes them feel good about themselves. They are most likely trying to make up for another part of their life in which they feel lacking.

It has nothing to do with actually believing gen 1 is the best in a lot of cases.

Certainly there are people who truly think gen 1 is the best. But they're not the ones following every Pokémon game and trolling and complaining on every generation's board.
---
http://reddragonranch.blogspot.com
The Legend of Red Dragon Ranch - KICKSTARTER now LIVE!!
#4KeeperOfShadowsPosted 2/19/2013 6:19:32 PM
Because they like pokemon more than they like complaining?

Genwunners, etc. are nothing more than attention whores.
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#5darkdragongirlPosted 2/19/2013 6:21:11 PM
Because they are fans of Pokemon, just because they have a favorite gen shouldn't mean they hate Pokemon or all other gens.

People who fanboy over a single gen as the end all be all are either blatant trolls or ignorant of progress.

Being a fan of a gen more than the other? Common. We all have favorites, people like Charizard, but it is far from being the best Pokemon, and not even the best fire-starter.
---
DELELELE WHOOP!!
#6pokemonzeroPosted 2/19/2013 7:08:25 PM
darkdragongirl posted...
Because they are fans of Pokemon, just because they have a favorite gen shouldn't mean they hate Pokemon or all other gens.

People who fanboy over a single gen as the end all be all are either blatant trolls or ignorant of progress.

Being a fan of a gen more than the other? Common. We all have favorites, people like Charizard, but it is far from being the best Pokemon, and not even the best fire-starter.

I dont have a favorite. I have 4.5 . I do not like B&W. B&W2 I like though. So the first half of gen 5 is my least favorite. I still played B&W to try out the new pokemon and found a few I like. I even found two shinies of my favorites of Unova.
Next gen I plan on using my Favorite from each region.
---
Volunteer at Dream World Paradise. Jobs done 17
Black 2 William FC: 0648 5041 0950 Turn off chat(press x) before talking to me in wi-fi.