This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How will X & Y allow the player to "catch'em all"?

#1ExcaliburOwnerPosted 2/19/2013 9:34:21 PM
Topic - Results (39 votes)
Through a website like the Dream World
2.56% (1 votes)
Allow trade with past games
25.64% (10 votes)
Remakes/Sequels of past regions
7.69% (3 votes)
All Pokemon distributed in between the two games
10.26% (4 votes)
Some Pokemon in both games and the rest in a third game or sequels
7.69% (3 votes)
A combination of the options above
46.15% (18 votes)
Other
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Through a website like the Dream World: I don't think X & Y will be able to trade with past Gens, not only because of the different graphics, this supposed new bond system might be like the addition of Abilities in Gen III. So a website like the Dream World would be a nice way to get the Pokemon we can't get in the actual games.

Allow trade with past games: There aren't many fans of the DW, though. A smarter move would be allowing trade with past games. As we don't actually know how the new system will work, it's still a possibility (although I can't imagine how the graphics would work in this situation).

Remakes/Sequels of past regions: Gen III and Gen IV worked like that and many fans want Hoenn remakes too, even if I don't think it's gonna happen. Now sequels would be a good idea, actually.

All Pokemon distributed in between the two games: This one would make all other options rather worthless. However, I don't think they can fit more than 350+ Pokemon in one cartridge with that kind of graphics (and still add everything else they want to add, ranging from towns to new features).

Some Pokemon in both games and the rest in a third game or sequels: They could make it like B/B2 & W/W2 and add sequels to the first games. This is the most logical option, as far as we know. But Game Freak has broken trends before, so I'd not count 100% on it.

A combination of the options above: I think this will get most votes. Like the option itself says, two or more of the other options could happen simultaneously, like the third game and remakes Gen III/IV got and the DW and sequels Gen V got.

Other: Do you have another opinion or thought about this matter? Please, say it in one of your posts.

Sorry if a topic like this was made before or if I made any (grammatical) mistakes.
---
Played: Pokemon Conquest. Progress: Complete Gallery and cleared all Episodes.
Playing: Pokemon Black 2. Progress: At the start of the game..
#2dchiuchPosted 2/19/2013 11:03:10 PM
ExcaliburOwner posted...
All Pokemon distributed in between the two games: This one would make all other options rather worthless. However, I don't think they can fit more than 350+ Pokemon in one cartridge with that kind of graphics (and still add everything else they want to add, ranging from towns to new features).

That's dumb. They have to include the data for all of the Pokemon anyway. Putting in location information for Pokemon is negligible as far as space is concerned.
---
http://kh13.com/