This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. So Pokemon Z confirmed?

#11snuffles504Posted 2/20/2013 1:04:12 PM
Milso posted...
Secondly, Z has nothing to do with X and Y, at least in the context the games are using the letters, so a Z version doesn't make much sense.

First, we're not 100% sure what X and Y actually stand for in the context of the games.

Second, Z is the third axis on a 3-dimensional graph. First main-series Pokemon games on the 3DS? Yup.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#12TheoryGentPosted 2/20/2013 1:07:11 PM
snuffles504 posted...
Milso posted...
Secondly, Z has nothing to do with X and Y, at least in the context the games are using the letters, so a Z version doesn't make much sense.

First, we're not 100% sure what X and Y actually stand for in the context of the games.

Second, Z is the third axis on a 3-dimensional graph. First main-series Pokemon games on the 3DS? Yup.

In the Japanese Logos of the game there is a double-helix symbol, which suggest the game is centered around genetics (X and Y chromosomes)
#13pokemega32Posted 2/20/2013 1:07:28 PM
snuffles504 posted...

The logos have DNA strands in them. That's pretty much concrete evidence the names are connected to a genetics theme.

And naming the games after the three axes makes no sense if you only reference two of them for a couple of years.

"We're celebrating the release of the first three-dimensional Pokemon game by naming the games after two of those dimensions, and then eventually the third one, making the reference unclear and pointless."
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#14RM_UltiPosted 2/20/2013 1:07:40 PM
pokemega32 posted...
RM_Ulti posted...
A random guess is completely within the realm of prediction. Also its not random, even if pokemon does not have a history of numbered sequels, plenty of other series do have such a history.

That is in no way evidence.

"I believe Pokemon will have numbered sequels this generation because numbered sequels exist in other franchises, despite Pokemon having never had any in the past."

There is no actual evidence there.

I never said it was evidence, though I would consider it a form of evidence. Even if it isn't evidence my points still stand.
#15bobstevens23123Posted 2/20/2013 1:08:58 PM
Ultimate_Nova_X posted...
I didn't think we'd get a 'gray'.

I actually did predict we would get sequels from Black and White.

proof? anyone can lie
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100
#16SPDShadowRangerPosted 2/20/2013 1:36:52 PM
Yep, it comes out the same say as Gray.
#17snuffles504Posted 2/20/2013 1:38:25 PM(edited)
Yeah, yeah, I know about the DNA strands. Obviously there can't possibly be a double meaning in the name. That convention is unheard of in Pokemon!
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#18pokemonzeroPosted 2/20/2013 2:15:42 PM
snuffles504 posted...
Yeah, yeah, I know about the DNA strands. Obviously there can't possibly be a double meaning in the name. That convention is unheard of in Pokemon!

In Japan The unova saga is called Best Wishes
BW for Black & White
so anything is possible
---
Volunteer at Dream World Paradise. Jobs done 18
Black 2 William FC: 0648 5041 0950 Turn off chat(press x) before talking to me in wi-fi.
#19pokemega32Posted 2/20/2013 2:25:32 PM(edited)
snuffles504 posted...

Except that one of those two meanings only makes sense with a Pokemon Z, and the other only makes sense without a Pokemon Z.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#20NeonDragon9000Posted 2/20/2013 2:39:25 PM
Z Version

With Porygon-Z on the cover.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe