This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D It's about time we got a physical version of Hidden Power

#1Dark_EinherjarPosted 2/20/2013 2:29:24 PM
It would have the same mechanics as Hidden Power, only it would be a physical move.
(or improve both moves by making them work off a less random value than IVs).

It's been two generations since the physical/special split, and only special-oriented Pokémon or mixed attackers have access to the great coverage Hidden Power provides. It's about time that changed.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#2AuroraSonicBeamPosted 2/20/2013 2:30:13 PM
That's because physical attackers already have great coverage
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 2/20/2013 2:31:07 PM
Yeah!
I totally agree!

Even though it'll probably break Scizor and Breloom more...
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#4Elec Man EXEPosted 2/20/2013 2:35:23 PM
D. Most phyiscal pokemon already have better coverage than special attackers do, not to mention physical moves are usually higher base power and physical boosting moves are more common. Giving them Hidden Power on top of all of that would make special attackers completely overshadowed.

Besides, Hidden Power is a crutch. I'd rather things became less reliant on it, not just throw it on every pokemon as a cover-all.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#5Twilight_SonataPosted 2/20/2013 2:38:11 PM(edited)
C. I don't see why not. It'll shake up competitive play a bit, of course, but that's not a bad thing by any means, especially not if it means giving a wider variety of viable options to physically-oriented Pokemon with limited move-pools. Besides, if the only concern against it is competitive play, then it's not worth worrying about. It's not like some competitive players won't complain about any change at all ruining the metagame.

---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#6BurningFlareXPosted 2/20/2013 2:37:34 PM
Special attacks are more reliable IMO.
(Thunderbolt, Psychic, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball etc.)
The most powerful physical attacks have some sort of drawback as far as I know.
---
<Insert inspiring quote here.>
#7MarbychuPosted 2/20/2013 2:38:25 PM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
I don't see why not. It'll shake up competitive play a bit, of course, but that's not a bad thing by any means, especially not if it means giving a wider variety of viable options to physically-oriented Pokemon with limited move-pools.

*coughcoughKyurem-Bcoughcough*
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8340-0649
Keldeo is terrible. People who agree:EVERYONE!!!
#8GastroidPosted 2/20/2013 2:46:32 PM
Can't disagree with more variety.
---
Odysseus I Mechroid
Horseman of the Apocalypse - Death