This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Female gym leaders

#1Emerald_MeliosPosted 2/20/2013 3:13:54 PM
In accordance to the fanbase's priorities, what fetishes do you hope the gym leaders will cater to, and what types do you want?

Lastly, would people want non-linear gyms (in contrary to the series getting increasing on-rails) that scale according to badges?
#2Gardevoir47Posted 2/20/2013 3:14:44 PM
No.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3825 7849 1598
BTW, The Game
#3bretonftwPosted 2/20/2013 3:15:22 PM
Female? What about my MALE fetishes? Marlon was quite disappointing...
---
FROAKIE!
"There's going to be a new type this gen" - Suiku
#4KingTumbleweedPosted 2/20/2013 3:15:30 PM
I'm sorry, you lost me.
---
<('__'< ) <( '__' )> ( >'__')> ^( '__' ^) (^ '__')^ ^( ' o ' )^
Official Ferrothorn(Spahgetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#5Mistress_Zelda_Posted 2/20/2013 3:19:24 PM
I don't really care too much about the females. I just hope they have strong personalities and interesting and respectful outfits.

For the males, I would like to see some classy or hunky men. Or some that are just plain manly. Gen 5 was on the right track. Butler waiters, a hunky swimmer and of course the giant slice of MAN that is Drayden. <3

I would like to see a bit of non-linearity. Even if it's just a fork in the road and you can choose which gym you want to tackle. The first and last gyms should obviously be set in stone.
---
I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream,
I know you, the gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam!
#6enixroxPosted 2/20/2013 3:20:56 PM
Mistress_Zelda_ posted...
I don't really care too much about the females. I just hope they have strong personalities and interesting and respectful outfits.

For the males, I would like to see some classy or hunky men. Or some that are just plain manly. Gen 5 was on the right track. Butler waiters, a hunky swimmer and of course the giant slice of MAN that is Drayden. <3

I would like to see a bit of non-linearity. Even if it's just a fork in the road and you can choose which gym you want to tackle. The first and last gyms should obviously be set in stone.

I agree with everything you just said :P
---
I love looking at my coworker from across the room and making the throat cutting gesture to her while no one else is looking.
3DS FC: 414117870987
#7lilaschildkrotePosted 2/20/2013 4:04:20 PM
Why does pokemon have to be sexual?
You know, the fact that so many people have sexual fantasies about pokemon doesn't help the stereotype that gamers are horny virgins.

I'd prefer it if pokemon did not have to be sexual. Attract and the day-care are enough. I don't want fans to make things have to be so sexual. The game is for kids of all ages. I think fans (I would say us fans but I don't want to be affiliated with these freaks) need to cut down on the sexual stuff and think of pokemon as loveless (sexual love, not friendship and family kind of love) sexless games. Thats how it should be. So stop complaining about attract not working on the same gender, if it did then it would make attract broken. Think of attract as a move that can cripple a target, but not every target (how it should be, because making it work on any gender you wanted would make it the most annoying thing in the world). Don't think of attract as anything sexual.

The fact that any of this is on anyone's mind disgusts me.

To answer your second question, I hate the linearity these games brought with them in the gyms. Marlon's gym wasn't as linear as others, but for a puzzle one it was still pretty linear. Clay's was very fun. Cheren's, Roxie's, and Elesa's were so bad. Burgh's wasn't bad, but it still had that crappy linear aspect to it. Skyla's, despite linearity (at least it wasn't as linear as the first 4's or drayden's) it was very fun because you had to rush and there was a time you had to beat when rushing to the next check point. Drayden's, bad in that aspect of linearity that the first 4 gyms had, it had what burgh's had, style and well inspired. Burgh's also kinda reminded me of the place in the black market in the first persona.

But another thing, I wish they would go back to less linear regions. I want that spiderweb style region map like sinnoh had and to a lesser extent kanto. If gamefreak still thinks it should be linear, then I would at least like it to be no more linear than johto or hoenn. The fact that Unova is based on New York, and it's so LINEAR bothers me so much. Do you know how easy it is to get lost in New York even with a map or a GPS, or both? It should not be as easy as it is. The routes were short and straight paths, that is not anything like New York. Unova felt like a small little highway.

Still though, I like Unova despite how easy it is. It introduced so many great pokemon, a good ending distortion (only in black and white, not the sequels), a more thrilling story, and surprising new character personification. I mean the story was better, but still lacks believability in the fact that the villians don't want to kill the hero to stop him/her they just want to make their pokemon faint. Believability isn't a problem though because it is pretty easy to ignore the fact that the bad guys don't even have weapons other thean their giant machines and their pokemon but nothing in between.

I never played pokemon for the story anyway, but that doesn't mean I won't welcome improvements on it. The exploring and battling was what did it for me, but the fact that they're removing the difficulty of that aspect troubles me because I won't be able to enjoy anything until after I beat the game. I hope the new region is spiderwebbed style like sinnoh.
---
Official Golbez of the pokemon black2 and white2 boards.
Official Espeon of the Eevee Corps *Special Attack to the max*
#8lilaschildkrotePosted 2/20/2013 4:16:37 PM
Mistress_Zelda_ posted...

Yeah I think removing all linearity in the game would ruin it because the first and last gyms build upon the story, and it ruins it if you don't have your first gym set in stone because that is one of the biggest things that set up the story. The last gym has to be determined by the game creators because that also sets up the story and builds upon it. The last gym is a very climactic point in the story, and needs to have a story because without it, it becomes a very boring, highly anticlimactic point in the story. The fact that we no longer need badges to use HMs allow us to pick who we want to battle because as long as we have the HMs, we can go almost anywhere you want. There really was no point in removing the gym badge required to use HM thing in the fifth gen because we couldn't go anywhere anyway. But I think thats why they removed it. They probably removed it because we didn't have any boundaries we couldn't cross until beating a gym leader since it was one straight path throughout the whole region, making the inclusion of it pointless since either way it doesn't change where we can go.
---
Official Golbez of the pokemon black2 and white2 boards.
Official Espeon of the Eevee Corps *Special Attack to the max*
#9AuroraSonicBeamPosted 2/20/2013 4:21:24 PM
I don't like female gym leaders. Gym Leaders should only be male
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#10XEvent-HorizonXPosted 2/20/2013 4:24:30 PM
lilaschildkrote posted...
Why does pokemon have to be sexual?
You know, the fact that so many people have sexual fantasies about pokemon doesn't help the stereotype that gamers are horny virgins.

I'd prefer it if pokemon did not have to be sexual. Attract and the day-care are enough. I don't want fans to make things have to be so sexual. The game is for kids of all ages. I think fans (I would say us fans but I don't want to be affiliated with these freaks) need to cut down on the sexual stuff and think of pokemon as loveless (sexual love, not friendship and family kind of love) sexless games. Thats how it should be. So stop complaining about attract not working on the same gender, if it did then it would make attract broken. Think of attract as a move that can cripple a target, but not every target (how it should be, because making it work on any gender you wanted would make it the most annoying thing in the world). Don't think of attract as anything sexual.

The fact that any of this is on anyone's mind disgusts me.

To answer your second question, I hate the linearity these games brought with them in the gyms. Marlon's gym wasn't as linear as others, but for a puzzle one it was still pretty linear. Clay's was very fun. Cheren's, Roxie's, and Elesa's were so bad. Burgh's wasn't bad, but it still had that crappy linear aspect to it. Skyla's, despite linearity (at least it wasn't as linear as the first 4's or drayden's) it was very fun because you had to rush and there was a time you had to beat when rushing to the next check point. Drayden's, bad in that aspect of linearity that the first 4 gyms had, it had what burgh's had, style and well inspired. Burgh's also kinda reminded me of the place in the black market in the first persona.

But another thing, I wish they would go back to less linear regions. I want that spiderweb style region map like sinnoh had and to a lesser extent kanto. If gamefreak still thinks it should be linear, then I would at least like it to be no more linear than johto or hoenn. The fact that Unova is based on New York, and it's so LINEAR bothers me so much. Do you know how easy it is to get lost in New York even with a map or a GPS, or both? It should not be as easy as it is. The routes were short and straight paths, that is not anything like New York. Unova felt like a small little highway.

Still though, I like Unova despite how easy it is. It introduced so many great pokemon, a good ending distortion (only in black and white, not the sequels), a more thrilling story, and surprising new character personification. I mean the story was better, but still lacks believability in the fact that the villians don't want to kill the hero to stop him/her they just want to make their pokemon faint. Believability isn't a problem though because it is pretty easy to ignore the fact that the bad guys don't even have weapons other thean their giant machines and their pokemon but nothing in between.

I never played pokemon for the story anyway, but that doesn't mean I won't welcome improvements on it. The exploring and battling was what did it for me, but the fact that they're removing the difficulty of that aspect troubles me because I won't be able to enjoy anything until after I beat the game. I hope the new region is spiderwebbed style like sinnoh.

I read all of this and I agree.
---
http://i.imgur.com/frrUJmM.gif