This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone here liked a certain Pokemon due to the Mystery Dungeon games?

#1Rupin_SalesmanPosted 2/20/2013 6:50:26 PM
The games makes me appreciate Bidoof, Wigglytuff, and Grovyle more.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#2SilverSockPosted 2/20/2013 6:55:36 PM(edited)
In a slightly different way, I enjoy using a good portion of Pokemon much more in the MD games. Almost everything can be made pretty darn good, so there's no penalty for using your favorites in pretty much any situation.

Of course, luckily enough many of my favorites do happen to be pretty decent competitively...but MD did let me use things like, say, Ledian, that I probably would never use much if at all otherwise.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson
#3EstheimasterPosted 2/20/2013 7:00:20 PM
I always get attached to the starters...

Began PMD 2 expecting to evolve Joey and Leon into Torterra and Quilava, but I couldn't bring myself to do it after realizing how much I loved their base forms.

I figured PMD Sky would be easier, so I chose Eevee and Vulpix. Espeon, one of my favorites and Ninetails, easy. Nope, Eevee is still an Eevee and Vulpix has a fear of Fire Stones.

I do like Wigglytuff and Bidoof much more now too. They were great.
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#4TyranidomegaPosted 2/20/2013 7:06:04 PM
Spoiler for the new 3ds one: Hydreigon became even more awesome when it was revealed that he was a good guy all along.
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#5henriuePosted 2/20/2013 7:06:57 PM
it was nice finding out about diglett feet
#6Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 7:09:02 PM(edited)
Tyranidomega posted...
Spoiler for the new 3ds one: Hydreigon became even more awesome when it was revealed that he was a good guy all along.

That's how I felt about Darkrai in PokePark 2.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#7endergamer537Posted 2/20/2013 7:10:15 PM
I picked a Piplup as my partner, and I became a lot more attached to him than I thought I would. Also, Grovyle became even more badass, and Wigglytuff just plain awesome after that scene where you see Skuntank, Koffing, and Zubat KO'd.
---
Official Miror Admin with his Shadow Cradily
Join the conquest for Shadow Pokemon today!
#8Zarren364Posted 2/20/2013 7:12:10 PM
I now hate Bidoof. I didn't mind them appearing in multiple routes in D/P/Pt, that was never a problem for me. Then in PMDEoS you find out that he caused everything that went wrong in the world and he just becomes despicable.
---
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBW2C-Wargle I R - Zarren
#9NinjaKitsunePosted 2/20/2013 7:16:28 PM
I now hate Bidoof. I didn't mind them appearing in multiple routes in D/P/Pt, that was never a problem for me. Then in PMDEoS you find out that he caused everything that went wrong in the world and he just becomes despicable.

Isn't that just a fan theory? And even then it's getting into epileptic trees territory.

Anyways, Wigglytuff is way more awesome, and I've picked up a pretty strong hatred for darkrai.
---
Dammit, Tuvok, the Prime Directive doesn't apply;
they have coffee!
#10Blazekicker27Posted 2/20/2013 7:26:23 PM
I don't think I would've ever liked Skitty if it weren't for PMD.
---
Official Houndoom of the Pokemon XY boards.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png