This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon XY on eshop?

#1samurott20Posted 2/21/2013 5:32:56 AM
Exactly what it says on the tin. Do you think it will happen?
#2beebarbPosted 2/21/2013 5:38:14 AM
Doubtful. Usually only the smaller 3DS games get eShop releases. I mean smaller by file size, not popularity.

So, unless they cut back so they can fit it on the smallest capacity game card, it is unlikely.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#3Rydis-ShikoPosted 2/21/2013 5:41:10 AM
beebarb posted...
Doubtful. Usually only the smaller 3DS games get eShop releases. I mean smaller by file size, not popularity.

So, unless they cut back so they can fit it on the smallest capacity game card, it is unlikely.

I'm sure fire emblem is bigger then any Pokemon game file size wise..its there. They don't put them on the shop because it doesn't let you use features like trading and such. Same reason other Pokemon games aren't on virtual console
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#4R0cks0l1ddPosted 2/21/2013 6:00:14 AM
beebarb posted...

No. Most first/second party and big third party games are getting released on the eShop so I don't see why X/Y wouldn't. We don't even know what size card X/Y will use anyway.
---
You might as well name the pokemon Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen.- Caltenburn
#5EnferolunosPosted 2/21/2013 6:06:47 AM
It will probably happen
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#6beebarbPosted 2/21/2013 6:19:14 AM(edited)
Rydis-Shiko posted...
I'm sure fire emblem is bigger then any Pokemon game file size wise..its there. They don't put them on the shop because it doesn't let you use features like trading and such. Same reason other Pokemon games aren't on virtual console

Putting Pokemon games on the eShop wouldn't eliminate those functions. Just look at Pokemon Snap on Wii Virtual Console, it was modified to allow pictures to be saved (why anyone would do that is beyond me).

However, it shows that it would be possible to make a modified emulator for the Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games, that would 'catch' the moment people opted to trade, and dump them into a separate menu that would allow trading using the 3DS, modify the save file afterward and return them to the game.

The reason for the DS Pokemon games not being on the eShop should be obvious, they were retail games (no retail DS games got released on the DSi Shop).

The current Pokemon games are small enough yes, but the X and Y will be 3DS games with more resources that end up with a larger file in the end, that will most likely be too large for the eShop.

Is it possible that they could put X and Y on the eShop? Yes, but unlikely unless the game is small enough in size.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#7Rydis-ShikoPosted 2/21/2013 6:20:49 AM
beebarb posted...
Rydis-Shiko posted...

Putting Pokemon games on the eShop wouldn't eliminate those functions. Just look at Pokemon Snap on Wii Virtual Console, it was modified to allow pictures to be saved (why anyone would do that is beyond me).

However, it shows that it would be possible to make a modified emulator that would 'catch' the moment people opted to trade, and dump them into a separate menu that would allow trading using the 3DS, modify the save file afterward and return them to the game.

The reason for the DS Pokemon games not being on the eShop should be obvious, they were retail games (no retail DS games got released on the DSi Shop).

The current Pokemon games are small enough yes, but the X and Y will be 3DS games with more resources that end up with a larger file in the end, that will most likely be too large for the eShop.

Is it possible that they could put X and Y on the eShop? Yes, but unlikely unless the game is small enough in size.

Not true. You run into same issues emulators have on PCs that play the games. Emulation is very different and really doesn't matter if on PC or 3ds.

And again..if fire emblem can fit.. then any Pokemon game can. No real file size limit the shop can handle.
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#8Zero97Posted 2/21/2013 7:06:47 AM

this is so wrong
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#9SlimeStackPosted 2/21/2013 7:11:07 AM
1. File size doesn't matter
2. Pokemon games usually have small file sizes
3. The guy who said trading isn't possible is completely wrong. Virtual console games have the issue of being designed for a game boy and not the 3DS, X and Y will not have that problem.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.