This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I started to play Soulsilver again...

#1AurawhispererPosted 2/21/2013 10:23:35 AM
Realize how the graphic designs are way better than B/W designs. Not to mention like the plot too, lol.

However, before you think I'm trolling, I want to point out something I realized that ruined pokemon. As mentioned from other past previous posts, I've been naive to not understand how exactly IV's ruined the game until it came to notice that IV's is made for perfection upon pokemon, while EV's is restricted upon training certain values.

Now days, all you need is an AR, and hack the hell out of a pokemon and you get all 31 IV's. Not hard. You can do that to EV's too, but you are restricted only up to two EV's or the random wifi would detect it as a "bad egg"

Anywho, I think what ruined pokemon are IV's. It ruined the purpose of the games potential and the reason why pokemon is called pokemon, while it's currently now Codemon, due to hackers and such. (Doubt very much there are true breeders here.... except regulars, such as smoogon, p2p, and such. You guys know who you are.)

Second thing that I believe ruined pokemon were the additions of Dw abilities. Yes, they are great features, but with the abuse of drought/drizzle, it's too legendary. You can get away with sandstorm/hail, as it only cause damage and hail grants the power to make blizzard 100% hits, but drought/drizzle boosts, reduces, and supports certain abilities. This eventually becomes broken, and now 70% of the community uses this advantage just to win.

And lastly is the community. Course unlike me, I play pokemon for the story, pokes, and friendly competition. But from my understanding and observe of experience, some of its community is too competitive, as to where they act as if once again this is cod. And yet, this is a rated E game; mostly for children, but young adults still play.
People that play design broken teams, as mentioned on the secondly just to win, or use the same exact pokes off a tier list, making other pokes utterly useless.
To support also, I think the tier list ruined pokemon, but at least it gave us an idea what to use and to only use in game. But without the list, something tells me people wouldn't be using the same exact team setup every time.

I'm however still a fan, and pray to hope that X and Y makes a difference. And hopefully, its story is way better than B/W's.
---
Official Troll joker and Serious Chatter box.
Black 2: Zack: 4170 3222 6265 White 2: Zakary: 0820 1802 3233. Chat off while trading
#2SlimeStackPosted 2/21/2013 10:28:15 AM
I just came in here to lol at how you think SoulSilver has a better plot than B/W.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#3darkdragongirlPosted 2/21/2013 10:31:04 AM
That's nice.
---
DELELELE WHOOP!!
#4AuroraSonicBeamPosted 2/21/2013 10:31:47 AM
HG > SS
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#5Aurawhisperer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 10:40:34 AM(edited)
^ Ho oh fan lol

@ Slime

Care to speak of which better plot there was in general other than gen 2 and 5's then? Because 5 obviously sucked with its plot. And gen 4 bores me too quickly, due to beating it 15 times.
---
Official Troll joker and Serious Chatter box.
Black 2: Zack: 4170 3222 6265 White 2: Zakary: 0820 1802 3233. Chat off while trading
#6LioleiaPosted 2/21/2013 10:40:05 AM
What plot? Even with the improvements in the remakes, there isn't much of a plot.

The idea of something "ruining" Pokemon is laughable. No one is forcing you to play very competitively. You can always specify that you fight with a sun/rain clause, or even fight according to the tiers. The tier lists are beneficial if you want to play with weaker Pokemon, as you won't have to deal with overpowering Pokemon like the Ubers, pseudo-legendaries, or total monsters. If there was no Smogon, a different community would form a tier list over trial and error. This is unavoidable.
---
lee-oh-leh-ee-ah.
It is perfectly okay to write garbage--as long as you edit brilliantly. --Carolyn Janice Cherryh
#7scrappybristolPosted 2/21/2013 11:04:31 AM
tl;dr Gen V ruined Pokemon topic. Moving on.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#8dwdwdw6Posted 2/21/2013 11:10:21 AM
Haha @HG having a plot, let alone one better than BW.
#9PolimarioPosted 2/21/2013 11:13:41 AM
scrappybristol posted...

---
Official Miror Admin. Shadow Pokemon: Feraligatr.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbn8e2Vsjl1qibib0o2_r2_500.gif
#10EnferolunosPosted 2/21/2013 11:29:08 AM
Polimario posted...
scrappybristol posted...

---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you