This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

X and Y types

#1CloudXxX4Posted 2/22/2013 10:03:08 AM
Have we discussed this yet? What if (assuming we will even be getting new types) the new types are actually called X and Y.

Pokemon that could only be a certain gender will be reassigned with their respective chromosome as a secondary typing. I haven't thought about single gender pokemon that already have two typings, but this is an interesting idea.

Its the first time in the hand-held RPG franchise that Gamefreak has broken the pattern of using some form of a color as the title names. There has been lots of speculation on what the X and Y mean such as the 3D plane and the general shape of the legendaries. But what if it is actually the new typings? This could be an interesting twist on giving Eevee a normal type evolution as Sylveon could very well be Normal/X type.

I realize this is very farfetch'd but I just thought Id put my thoughts down on the board to get a discussion started on my theory. Also apologies if this has been discussed, I searched the board and didn't find anything.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0176-0511-5755
Looking for Ditto with 31 speed IV! (Non-US preferred)
#2Immortal_Chaos7Posted 2/22/2013 10:08:43 AM
Honestly... no. Such types would be pointless.
---
Pokemon Diamond-Name:Jack / FC:0043-9308-0032
#3BlackCatNYCPosted 2/22/2013 10:12:15 AM
It sounds confusing.
---
Nintendo 3DS: 0473-8573-6109
http://blackcatnyc.tumblr.com
#4CloudXxX4(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 10:18:29 AM
It could open up the possibility of a couple of interesting new mechanics:

There wouldn't be any logic behind giving the new types weaknesses/resistances. But we could see new STAB moves.

Double battles could introduce new moves that have X and Y types work together in some fashion.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0176-0511-5755
Looking for Ditto with 31 speed IV! (Non-US preferred)