This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those who played Pokemon before Gen 2 came out

#81MinishDudePosted 2/22/2013 8:45:17 PM
Honestly, I was psyched for Gen 2. They had eased into it by revealing some of the Pokemon in the short before the first movie, so it wasn't all unfamiliar, and by the time I had gotten it, I had watched my close friend play. Also, I had some promotional CD that had a bunch of screenshots and videos, that had gotten me really excited.

Gold/Silver and their respective remakes are definitely up there in terms of my favorite Pokemon games. I loved the new Pokemon designs and the Johto Region, and the ability to revisit the Kanto region 3 years after R/B/Y after beating the Elite Four, with the 16 badges making it the longest and most content-packed Pokemon game (aside from side-stuff like contests, secret bases)

I don't really think most change in Pokemon has been BAD, per se. Like, Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 have the most end-game content (daily re-challenge-able trainers with lvl 60~69 Pokemon), which is nice for leveling Pokemon up.
#82savagechild89Posted 2/22/2013 8:50:04 PM
i embraced gen 2. it is my favorite to this day. i remember being so excited seeing new pokemon. the first time i saw marill and snubble appear in pictures from pikachu's vacation i remember wondering who they were.

i used to get these anime magazines and one of them had untranslated pictures from silver and gold and i remember flipping out in excitement.

im not really sure where all the hate came from for later gens but i know i was never what you would call a gen 1 fanboy. its sad when i talk to some of my friends and they say they only like gen 1 and cant give valid reasons.

i already know that if they had released gen 1 today people would probably hate it just because it isnt the first gen they ever saw. you can pretty much shuffle the gens into any order and im fairly sure people would always choose the one that came first just because of nostalgia.
---
PSN: Savagechild89
#83trewerdPosted 2/22/2013 8:55:41 PM
Nope. I do the same thing to new Pokemon games now as I did then: Welcome them with open arms.
---
I like English dubs.
#84Le_DerpstickPosted 2/22/2013 9:13:38 PM
SlimeStack posted...
No I thought "**** yeah new Pokémon games!!" like any normal kid would.

---
Mai waifu: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3729/maiwaifu.png
#85Devil_wings00Posted 2/22/2013 9:20:18 PM
SlimeStack posted...
No I thought "**** yeah new Pokémon games!!" like any normal kid would.

haha nailed it. I wasn't one of those Hollywood kids who talks and thinks like a fully functioning adult ;p I was a moron who was doing awful trades, my voice was cracking and I was realizing girls had boobs and liked that.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#86LightningAce11Posted 2/22/2013 9:21:18 PM
trewerd posted...
Nope. I do the same thing to new Pokemon games now as I did then: Welcome them with open arms.

I like English dubs too!
---
Omg leik cod is the best game evar yu shud all play it as it is the only gam wurth playin!!
#87lilaschildkrotePosted 2/22/2013 9:23:02 PM
I played my brotgers red version before i knew what pokemon was. But it was still after gen 2 because i was born after pokemon started.
---
Official Golbez of the pokemon black2 and white2 boards.
Official Espeon of the Eevee Corps *Special Attack to the max*
#88King_ChibaPosted 2/22/2013 9:37:12 PM
I loved Gen 2, felt the starters were far more visually appealing.
---
TheGreatKingChiba Game Playthroughs on YouTube & Twitter ^^.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreatKingChiba & http://twitter.com/TGKingChiba
#89Vandal26Posted 2/22/2013 9:37:41 PM
Nope, me and all my friends were hyped.
---
Sono me dare no me?
Whose eyes are those eyes?
#90Inferno700Posted 2/22/2013 9:45:49 PM
I remember playing Red version back in the day. Once I got Mewtwo the rest of the game was a breeze. One hit everything from there on... til Gen 2.
---
NNID: Jesus-is-God 3DS FC: 3952-8112-9436
XBL: Inferno7000