This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Golduck really needs an evolution

#1DBF__Posted 2/22/2013 2:56:25 PM
Maybe a bulky water/psychic type.

I just want OU to have a viable cloud niner.
---
http://cdn.ientry.com/sites/webpronews/pictures/bestgrandpamikee1_320x245.jpg
#2SR71haloPosted 2/22/2013 2:57:44 PM
I wouldn't mind, but don't make him bulky. I'd rather have a cool evolution for Golduck rather than another Magmortar or Rhyperior.
---
Now Leave!
#3ohnoyadontPosted 2/22/2013 2:59:09 PM
bulky water/psychic = slowbro

I'd rather have it as a speedy special sweeper.
#4WilhuffTarkinPosted 2/22/2013 2:59:17 PM
Golduck's evolution: Goldar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldar
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#5kuwab0Posted 2/22/2013 3:00:18 PM
WilhuffTarkin posted...
Golduck's evolution: Goldar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldar

Lol, Rita I HATE YOU GET ME OUT OF THIS POKEBALL!
#6DarkKirby2500Posted 2/22/2013 3:03:17 PM
I've said this before, what Pokemon needs is not to keep piling on evolutions, but to increase the base stats of non competitively viable Pokemon (and perhaps decrease the stats of OP Pokemon).

Pokemon is becoming like a trading card game (the non trading card game version of it) where new Pokemon are making old Pokemon more and more irreverent because they are getting more and more powerful.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#7WilhuffTarkinPosted 2/22/2013 3:06:29 PM(edited)
DarkKirby2500 posted...
I've said this before, what Pokemon needs is not to keep piling on evolutions, but to increase the base stats of non competitively viable Pokemon (and perhaps decrease the stats of OP Pokemon).

Pokemon is becoming like a trading card game (the non trading card game version of it) where new Pokemon are making old Pokemon more and more irreverent because they are getting more and more powerful.

I could not possibly disagree with this more. You can say whatever you want to about liking or not liking the idea of evolutions, but when you start insulting old Pokemon by saying that they aren't reverent enough anymore, well, that rubs me the wrong way. I've yet to see a single modern Pokemon surpass Caterpie in terms of how respectful it is. So you can cut this nonsense out right now.
---
#8Catcher_FreemanPosted 2/22/2013 3:09:07 PM
You can say whatever you want to about liking or not liking the idea of evolutions, but when you start insulting old Pokemon by saying that they aren't reverent enough anymore, well, that rubs me the wrong way.

He means relevant in terms of stats.

Compare the stats of Gen 1's Pokemon to Gen 4 or 5's.

The Gen 4/5 Pokemon are generally stronger and have more well-rounded stats.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#9DBF__(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 3:17:01 PM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
You can say whatever you want to about liking or not liking the idea of evolutions, but when you start insulting old Pokemon by saying that they aren't reverent enough anymore, well, that rubs me the wrong way.

I disagree with that

Out of all the gen 1 pokemon the ones competitively viable as far as OU goes are

Gengar
Starmie
Gyarados
Dragonite
Cloyster
Mew
Alakazam
Venusaur

While some of these have aged better than others, and some only became useful with an ability, thats 8/151, I'm too lazy to count the gen 5 pokemon in OU but I'm pretty sure its around that
---
http://cdn.ientry.com/sites/webpronews/pictures/bestgrandpamikee1_320x245.jpg
#10WilhuffTarkinPosted 2/22/2013 3:19:10 PM
DBF__ posted...
Catcher_Freeman posted...

I disagree with that

Out of all the gen 1 pokemon the ones competitively viable as far as OU goes are

Gengar
Starmie
Gyarados
Dragonite
Cloyster
Mew
Alakazam
Venusaur

While some of these have aged better than others, and some only became useful with an ability, thats 8/151, I'm too lazy to count the gen 5 pokemon in OU but I'm pretty sure its around that

On top of being competitively viable, those are all incredibly reverent Pokemon as well. Well, maybe not Gengar. He messes with dreams But I'm not going to stand idly by while someone suggests that Gen 1 Pokemon, in general, aren't respectful anymore.
---