This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What new game mechanic would you be interested in seeing?

#1iKhanicPosted 2/23/2013 4:42:16 PM
We haven't gotten any new mechanic since the introduction of the physical special split in Gen 4, and nothing very big since the introduction of abilities in Gen 3.

I'd really like to see dual typed attacks. Then it can be possible to get dual STAB or dual effectiveness on an attack (and Charizard could do a mad 25x damage to parasect with a fire/flying time move (4x from fire, 4x for flying, and 25% more damage from dry skin) ).

A new type would also be interesting to see.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2LightningAce11Posted 2/23/2013 4:43:54 PM
Stop with the dual typed attacks. They'd be dumb.
---
Omg leik cod is the best game evar yu shud all play it as it is the only gam wurth playin!!
#3NessEggmanPosted 2/23/2013 4:44:21 PM
iKhanic posted...
We haven't gotten any new mechanic since the introduction of the physical special split in Gen 4

New EXP system, double grass, hard/easy mode, etc. etc. etc.?

Do you mean something specific to competitive play? Then other than tweaks, yeah, I guess nothing new.

I don't think it really needs new mechanics though. I don't want dual-type attacks... the game would become too unpredictable, I think.
---
http://reddragonranch.blogspot.com
The Legend of Red Dragon Ranch - KICKSTARTER now LIVE!!
#4MugilokoPosted 2/23/2013 4:46:11 PM
I'll laugh at a STAB'd Rock/Electric attack
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#5CleaningCaptainPosted 2/23/2013 4:52:55 PM
Character customization would be nice.
---
I don't want your sympathy, I just need a little therapy.
At least that's what they say to me.
#6scrappybristolPosted 2/23/2013 4:56:45 PM
I kinda hope this new Bond system is a new evolution mechanic. Higher bonds will evolve sooner levels, lower bonds evolving later levels, neutral bond would be the normal level evolution. This would help with late levels evolutions like Deino and Larvesta,
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#7iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 5:09:29 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
Stop with the dual typed attacks. They'd be dumb.

I have the right to want them. What new mechanics would you like to see?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#8bobstevens23123Posted 2/23/2013 5:30:05 PM
scrappybristol posted...
I kinda hope this new Bond system is a new evolution mechanic. Higher bonds will evolve sooner levels, lower bonds evolving later levels, neutral bond would be the normal level evolution. This would help with late levels evolutions like Deino and Larvesta,

yeah but only if they got it right. I wouldnt want me running out of antidotes and letting my pokemon die of poisioning me our bond sucks etc...
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100
#9henriuePosted 2/23/2013 5:39:52 PM
bobstevens23123 posted...
scrappybristol posted...

yeah but only if they got it right. I wouldnt want me running out of antidotes and letting my pokemon die of poisioning me our bond sucks etc...

just pet it for a while.
#10Bahamut_10thPosted 2/23/2013 5:40:59 PM
Character customization and more interaction with the Pokémon outside battles.