This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should the 'Start' options always be open on the bottom screen?

#1Fr33zPosted 2/24/2013 1:04:35 AM
Idk if its just me but ive been spoiled by the second screen. Im so used to all the options being readily available on the bottom screen at all times that pressing start to go through menu's has felt a little annoying at times now. Playing Assassin's Creed series on the PS3 and having to go through all these screens and loads just to constantly check the map or equip something felt like a chore. But playing AC3 on the WiiU and having those options on the second screen made the game much more enjoyable.

Lately I just got Pokemon White and Pokemon Black 2 and I honestly feel that the CGear screen is just completely useless and the bottom screen would be better fit to having all your "Start" options just a tap away like your Pokemon, Bag, Pokedex, Save etc. on the bottom screen full time. Of course you could still press X to pause the game like normal. I know it sounds like a petty complaint but you dont know how many times I've caught myself just tapping at the CGear thinking that the Start menu was there instead.

So do you think they should finally make the Start Menu full time on the bottom screen for X and Y?
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#2NessEggmanPosted 2/24/2013 1:08:23 AM
I actually liked the poketch idea the most... I like having a little app down there. But I think it should also have a button that you can press to open all your menu and stuff... you should be able to do all your menu stuff 100% touch screen... should never have to use buttons. You are right. But I do like having my little app on the screen :)
---
http://reddragonranch.blogspot.com
The Legend of Red Dragon Ranch - KICKSTARTER now LIVE!!
#3Fr33z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 12:29:18 PM
NessEggman posted...
I actually liked the poketch idea the most... I like having a little app down there. But I think it should also have a button that you can press to open all your menu and stuff... you should be able to do all your menu stuff 100% touch screen... should never have to use buttons. You are right. But I do like having my little app on the screen :)

Ahh yes the Poketech from Diamond/Pearl. Honestly if they dont do the full time Start Screen I'd prefer the Poketech again or atleast something similar. Being able to check your money,friendship,steps taken,etc is alot more useful than the CGear thats for sure.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#4MarbychuPosted 2/24/2013 12:31:20 PM
Play HeartGold/SoulSilver.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8340-0649
DELELELE WHOOP!!!!!!!!!!
#5CM_PonchPosted 2/24/2013 12:31:47 PM
I'd like to have an updated Poketch with three buttons.
1. Select app on right
2. Select app on left
3. Switch touch screen to menu options
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#6Jrx1Posted 2/24/2013 12:32:06 PM
Fr33z posted...
NessEggman posted...

Ahh yes the Poketech from Diamond/Pearl. Honestly if they dont do the full time Start Screen I'd prefer the Poketech again or atleast something similar. Being able to check your money,friendship,steps taken,etc is alot more useful than the CGear thats for sure.

The Coin feature was my favorite. Helped in a lot of decisions.

Gen IV for life.
---
Officia Arceus of the Pokemon X and Y boards
~The God of Pokemon!~