This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think Basculin's ability fiasco will convince GameFreak to evolve it.

#1reaverzPosted 2/24/2013 7:10:20 PM
As many of you know, there was a blue-striped Basculin you could trade for in White that had an ability of Rock Head instead of the Reckless that was found on wild and bred ones. This Rock Head Basculin was generally considered to be some sort of mistake.

However, Black2/White2 came around and blue-striped Basculin now got Rock Head instead of Reckless, which red-striped Basculin still get. It was discovered that back in Black/White, wild and bred blue-striped Basculin were accidentally given the abilities of red-striped Basculin.

This little mistake means that there will always be blue-striped Basculin with a Reckless ability they were never meant to have. If a transfer feature is included in XY, many blue-striped Basculin would continue having the wrong ability. Having Basculin evolve would make any blue-striped Basculin with Reckless lose it upon evolving since its ability would be "refreshed."

If Basculin evolves this gen, I think it will be because GameFreak wanted to undo this fiasco with blue-striped Basculin.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#2R0cks0l1ddPosted 2/24/2013 7:11:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 2/24/2013 7:12:14 PM
"teh ultimate proof dat u cant tansfur to xy!!!!!!"

We all know someone's gonna say it.
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#4darkdragongirlPosted 2/24/2013 7:12:47 PM
Don't mix the species kids.
---
DELELELE WHOOP!!
#5reaverz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 7:19:42 PM
Well yeah, I'm sort of assuming that you can transfer to XY, mostly because they already said that XY isn't a reboot of the franchise...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]