This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you want them to handle hidden abilities in

#1MetalgenesisPosted 2/24/2013 8:01:52 PM(edited)
Well? - Results (70 votes)
Hidden Grottos
8.57% (6 votes)
An in-game tutor that takes a rare item/BP
21.43% (15 votes)
Dream W- *Gets shot.*
11.43% (8 votes)
A 3DS app. (Dream Radar but actually fun.)
12.86% (9 votes)
Just make them uncommon abilities that can be on a
28.57% (20 votes)
Other: Please specify.
5.71% (4 votes)
F--- that! Give me a legit way to turn my pokemon
11.43% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
F'n auto fill. Stop mocking me!!!
#2Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 2/24/2013 7:57:35 PM
F--- that! Give me a legit way to turn my pokemon shiny

fix'd

And where's the Canadian flaming?
---
We need an FPS where the US are the bad guys and China/Japan/Russia etc. are the good guys
#3gamester_12345Posted 2/24/2013 11:42:33 PM
Assuming that Game Freak always never uses their unique things more than once during a generation....mostly things like Poke Blocks...secret bases (as features/trees, not underground), they should probably stick hidden abilities onto Breeding.

I mean the game is called Pokemon X/Y, it has to have DNA in the game than just the Japanese eyecatch and legendaries, it's probably going to play a large part in the story, either that or the abolishment of IVs, only using them for other things such as model size augmentation and the aforementioned breeding dealie.

Maybe the possibility of random "NPC" Pokemon that winds up at a breeding centre after connecting to WiFi, or a breeding group for a type of Pokemon who has multiple evolutions...purely for the sake of accessing different breeding trees, something genetic, maybe a Hybrid.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2340
KoL: Plucky, currently a Accordion Thief
#4CharizardFirePosted 2/24/2013 11:53:04 PM
Maybe the possibility of random "NPC" Pokemon that winds up at a breeding centre after connecting to WiFi, or a breeding group for a type of Pokemon who has multiple evolutions...purely for the sake of accessing different breeding trees, something genetic, maybe a Hybrid.

*Eagerly awaits Venustoise*
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#5GastroidPosted 2/24/2013 11:59:41 PM
I'm fairly certain that Hidden Abilities from this point on will always be a 'special' Pokemon crutch for Game Freak to stand on when they want there to be special Pokemon. Things like the one-off wild Pokemon like Lapras in Gen II or Drifblim in Gen IV, as well as features like in-game trades and features like Hidden Grottos but not necessarily so (such as honey slathering). Oh, and for event Pokemon with unique moves that alone don't justify them as special.
---
Ciroid
Cir-variant Android
#6coreekymonPosted 2/25/2013 12:02:43 AM
Other because I'm not really sure.
Something like hidden grottoes, but done in a way that makes more pokemon accessible. Maybe they could just put them in shaking grass or something.
---
My Pokemon guide: pkmntrainercory.blogspot.com Check it out!
Shinji X Asuka is the most sacred pairing in all of anime. That is an unnegotiable fact.
#7ScizoreonPosted 2/25/2013 1:37:39 AM
In general I would like them to take ideas from the side games and implement them in the main games.

In terms of Abilities I would like them to add a Pokemon Conquest style area where you can change a Pokemon's ability for a fee. For Hidden abilities they could either change a larger amount than usual (i.e. to switch Pidove's ability to Big Pecks costs 1000 Pokedollers but to switch Pidgey's ability to Big Pecks costs 2500 Pokedollers) or add the item Dream Smoke (found on wild Munna/Musharna) that needs to be used at the area to unlock the option to switch to the Pokemon's hidden ability (each Dream Smoke can only be used once).
#8SephirothtPosted 2/25/2013 1:47:03 AM
Id rather have them be very uncommon or appear in some hidden grotto sort of thing than having them only available in a random side app thingy.
---
Official Jungo & Black Rider of the SMTIV board.
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere, R - Burning Executive
#9KitschgardenerPosted 2/25/2013 2:31:26 AM
Some sort of Safari Zone or "in-game Dream World". Definitely not by editing existing Pokémon.

Oh, while we're at it, could we get NPC trainers using Hidden Ability Pokémon? Maybe a trainer class like Somnambulist or something.
#10NessEggmanPosted 2/25/2013 2:44:57 AM
At first I was like "Oh, the ability to change it would be really cool!"

But then like... I thought of stuff like... Compoundeyes... if I changed my ability... what exactly did I just do to my Galvantula's eyes...?? It was born with these special eyes, then I like... gouge them out and replace with regular eyes so that it can learn how to scare people into not eating a berry? weird.
---
http://reddragonranch.blogspot.com
The Legend of Red Dragon Ranch - KICKSTARTER now LIVE!!