This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did you ever skip a gen?

#71PChaosWMPosted 2/25/2013 6:01:53 AM
Of all Generations, I ended up skipping the 2nd one. I was still pretty young and I was constantly grounded around GSC. I ended up eventually playing it, but not until just a couple years ago (between Platinum and HGSS). I was pretty disappointed too, Crystal was pretty good.
---
||===============|| PerfectChaosWM ||===============||
||=|| Growing old is mandatory. ||=|| Growing up is optional. ||=||
#72galaxiadarknessPosted 2/25/2013 6:11:01 AM
I skipped the beginning of Gen IV because I didn't have a DS. I bought a DS for HeartGold though.
---
GameFAQs, where the term "Karma Sucks" doesn't apply.
#73OcarinaofToastPosted 2/25/2013 6:12:27 AM
I started in gen 3, and have played every game since. Not gonna start skipping at such a cool game as this!
---
Official Toy Zorua of the Pokemon Scramble U board. Official member of the Fennekin club! Fennekin: (Steps on you)
I AM FENNEKIN! I claim the Wave Beam!
#74zane0144Posted 2/25/2013 6:17:39 AM
Almost skipped IV. Almost wished I did. I've been helping my bro find legendaries in that game recently and getting Dialga/Palkia is so darn tedious. Same for the national dex(he skipped a few trainers). It also reminded me that you can't leave the battle frontier either until you complete some stuff. We beat the game! Don't restrict the post game areas! Give us the stupid national dex and let us be on our way.

In emerald they just said "K, here's the national dex, here's the battle frontier, go talk to the weather station for Kyogre and Groudon. You know where Rayquaza is." They didn't tell you hey, go catch the Regi brothers first and then you can go to the battle frontier.

Rant over...
---
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ
#75Misdreavus573Posted 2/25/2013 6:37:07 AM(edited)
I mostly skipped Gen 3.

I have tried to play Sapphire a couple of times but haven't bothered getting past the 2nd gym so far.
#76PearlshipperluvPosted 2/25/2013 6:33:30 AM
Haven't played Gen V yet so yes.
---
Part of the awesome Team Elesa.
Official Phanpy of the Pokemon B2/W2 boards
#77MagmastaPosted 2/25/2013 6:44:12 AM
I kind of skipped gen three but ended up playing it.

I stopped playing pokemon at around gen three but when I saw shiftry on television, it changed my views on the new pokemon.

I was in Zellers and saw emerald there all shiny, last copy and probably the end of GBA games so I bought it.

The moving sprites amazed me and I was all astounded at how real the pokemon looked, I clocked something like 350 hours.

Now I laugh at myself at how lame they were but it was just something about the new battleground that made it amazing. Small little rocks in caves, actually showing grass when your pokemon fight in battle, and the little sprite animation is what made me keep playing.
---
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend
#78Kaze_MemaryuPosted 2/25/2013 6:47:52 AM
From the main series, I only skipped HG/SS and Platinum, but other than these, only the vast majority of spinoffs.
Mystery Dungeon was boring, Dash was nigh unplayable, Typing Adventure doesn't interest me at all, Rumble is that game I just can't understand why anyone could like it, Ranger was too easy, Stadium/Collosseum/XD were disappointing, Snap was a waste of my time, Link was nice but too short.
The only Spinoff I wanna play is Conquest. Other than that, I tend to get at least one game of every Gen.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#79AuthorNumber2Posted 2/25/2013 6:55:10 AM
Diamond/Pearl. Mostly Because I didn't own the system it was on until G5 came along. That and the last game I physically owned was Silver on Game Boy so I couldn't transfer my team and stuff. And none of the starteres really caught my eye on which one I should choose either, though they all do look kinda badass in their final evos, though not as much as some other starters do (Charizard and Meganium come to mind for me)
#80RahjikPosted 2/25/2013 6:59:24 AM
One does not simply "Skip" a generation.
---
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 2151 6268 0257