This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This game being announced has had me itching for a pokemon game...which one?

#11RedShadowwwPosted 2/24/2013 11:05:35 PM
Haha, I was in the same boat as you. Except I started a lot earlier (like 3 days after the announcement). I played white 2 and got hooked to pokemon again (now i'm playing white 1). I'd say play BW then BW2. After white i'm moving on to platinum, then emerald.
#12Edge4o7_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 11:09:12 PM
Play Crystal. A very enjoyable game and kinda rare.

It's the same thing as G/S, no?

Haha, I was in the same boat as you. Except I started a lot earlier (like 3 days after the announcement). I played white 2 and got hooked to pokemon again (now i'm playing white 1). I'd say play BW then BW2. After white i'm moving on to platinum, then emerald.

Was it weird/annoying to play BW2 without having played BW1? I'll probably only play 1 pokemon game. Think I should hit up 2 or go with 1?
---
XBL: Edge4o7
P4A: Yu UMvC3 Zero/Dante/Sent
#13TherianReturnsPosted 2/24/2013 11:10:29 PM
It's actually has more content than Gold and Silver plus zomg animated sprites
---
Therian the God King. The only true Pokemon fan.
#14LightningAce11Posted 2/24/2013 11:14:41 PM
Isn't it redundant to play crystal is he's played hgss?
---
Omg leik cod is the best game evar yu shud all play it as it is the only gam wurth playin!!
#15LioleiaPosted 2/24/2013 11:18:46 PM
TherianReturns posted...

There's not much point in playing Crystal if TC has already played HG/SS. It's very outdated at this point. Trying to get Ho-oh is also very tedious.
---
lee-oh-leh-ee-ah.
It is perfectly okay to write garbage--as long as you edit brilliantly. --Carolyn Janice Cherryh
#16TherianReturnsPosted 2/24/2013 11:23:48 PM
Lioleia posted...
TherianReturns posted...

There's not much point in playing Crystal if TC has already played HG/SS. It's very outdated at this point. Trying to get Ho-oh is also very tedious.

Crystal and Heart Gold are very different, you'd be surprised. And a true Pokemon fan, has played all the main series' titles.
---
#17LioleiaPosted 2/24/2013 11:26:33 PM
TherianReturns posted...
Lioleia posted...
TherianReturns posted...

Crystal and Heart Gold are very different, you'd be surprised. And a true Pokemon fan, has played all the main series' titles.

I have played all of them. I obsessively played Crystal when I was younger. Going back to Gen 2 from Gen 4 is borderline painful. The differences are not significant enough to recommend a playthrough of archaic Crystal when HG/SS exist, unless you happen to be a masochist.
---
lee-oh-leh-ee-ah.
It is perfectly okay to write garbage--as long as you edit brilliantly. --Carolyn Janice Cherryh
#18TherianReturnsPosted 2/24/2013 11:28:09 PM
Lioleia posted...
TherianReturns posted...
Lioleia posted...
TherianReturns posted...

I have played all of them. I obsessively played Crystal when I was younger. Going back to Gen 2 from Gen 4 is borderline painful. The differences are not significant enough to recommend a playthrough of archaic Crystal when HG/SS exist, unless you happen to be a masochist.

Which is why I was telling TC, not you.
---
#19LioleiaPosted 2/24/2013 11:31:48 PM
TherianReturns posted...
Lioleia posted...
TherianReturns posted...
Lioleia posted...
TherianReturns posted...

Which is why I was telling TC, not you.

And that is why I said it's not even worth recommending. It's incredibly outdated. Most of the problems inherent in HG/SS are even worse in Crystal.
---
lee-oh-leh-ee-ah.
#20TherianReturnsPosted 2/24/2013 11:34:19 PM
I recommended Crystal anyway, so ha.
---