This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This game being announced has had me itching for a pokemon game...which one?

#21Edge4o7_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 12:40:55 AM
Yeah I'm not playing a version I've essentially already played so I can be a "true pokemon fan" to a gamefaqs poster. Do you even get running shoes in crystal? Probably not. **** that.
---
XBL: Edge4o7
P4A: Yu UMvC3 Zero/Dante/Sent
#22CM_PonchPosted 2/25/2013 12:47:46 AM
From: TherianReturns | Posted: 2/24/2013 11:23:48 PM | #016
And a true Pokemon fan, has played all the main series' titles.

lol
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#23TherianReturnsPosted 2/25/2013 12:56:24 AM
lolno to running shoes in gen 2 in general.

BUT

You can catch level 2 Phanpy in Crystal before the first gym!

no? :(
---
Therian the God King. The only true Pokemon fan.
#24Bruce_WanyePosted 2/25/2013 1:04:48 AM
^oh wow really? Where?
---
I'm Batman!
#25RedShadowwwPosted 2/25/2013 1:28:15 AM
Edge4o7_ posted...
Play Crystal. A very enjoyable game and kinda rare.

It's the same thing as G/S, no?

Haha, I was in the same boat as you. Except I started a lot earlier (like 3 days after the announcement). I played white 2 and got hooked to pokemon again (now i'm playing white 1). I'd say play BW then BW2. After white i'm moving on to platinum, then emerald.

Was it weird/annoying to play BW2 without having played BW1? I'll probably only play 1 pokemon game. Think I should hit up 2 or go with 1?

Well, I'm not one to compare since I only got 5 badges in white. If you're only going to play one I guess you should play BW2. But if you plan to buy two pokemon games I'd go with BW then BW2 cause some parts of BW2 wouldve been better to me if I played the first before it. Though playing white 2 first didn't ruin white for me, I'm enjoying it equally as much.
#26SR71haloPosted 2/25/2013 1:53:43 AM
Pretty sure HG/SS had all of Crystal's content too (even the whole Suicune subplot).

Anyway, I recommend Platinum. I just got through playing it and it's one of my favorites in the whole series.
---
Now Leave!
#27eimajamiePosted 2/25/2013 2:05:10 AM
I you're just planning on playing one game, I'd say BW2, you can still play through the entire story without having to know what happened in BW1, it also has tons of content and it's the most updated.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3010 5914 8861
#28Edge4o7_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 3:38:01 AM(edited)
Alright, I'm gonna go with BW2 I think. Now the hard part.

BLACK OR WHITE?
BLACK OR WHITE?
BLACK OR WHITE?

I have no idea which one has what pokemon.

Edit: Looking at a list, I don't know most of these exclusive pokes because I skipped gen 3 and 4. Any objective "Black/White2 has cooler pokes imo" opinions are welcome.
---
XBL: Edge4o7
P4A: Yu UMvC3 Zero/Dante/Sent
#29NessEggmanPosted 2/25/2013 3:40:33 AM
Edge4o7_ posted...

BLACK OR WHITE?
BLACK OR WHITE?
BLACK OR WHITE?

Edit: Looking at a list, I don't know most of these exclusive pokes because I skipped gen 3 and 4. Any objective "Black/White2 has cooler pokes imo" opinions are welcome.

I didn't care about any of the version exclusives too much... all the Pokémon I liked were in both versions, and there were even some in-game trades that allowed you to get some of the version exclusives, so it wasn't a big deal.

Also I think you should play Platinum even though you've already decided on BW2 D:

Even though BW2 is very good too.

I personally played White 2, btw. But that's because I played White 1 as my "main" first game.
---
http://reddragonranch.blogspot.com
The Legend of Red Dragon Ranch - KICKSTARTER now LIVE!!
#30PolimarioPosted 2/25/2013 3:45:41 AM
Edge4o7_ posted...

BLACK OR WHITE?
BLACK OR WHITE?
BLACK OR WHITE?

I recommend White 2.
---
Official Miror Admin. Shadow Pokemon: Feraligatr.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbn8e2Vsjl1qibib0o2_r2_500.gif