This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people use Action Replay codes in Pokemon?

#81ClassyOldHatPosted 2/25/2013 3:40:35 PM
taex posted...
LOL, don't worry too much about them TC, they'll soon find out how "fun" using AR is.

I had a friend who had the same reasons for using cheats (work, busy, too much effort, all those sissy reasons etc.). It didn't bother me since I didn't care about the game he was playing. After about some months, he also used cheats on other games. After a while, I noticed that his interest in games was dwindling. He was playing less and he seemed sleepy when before he was quite attentive when playing. Eventually he told me that he can't seem to have that feel for games anymore. It didn't seem fun anymore. He tried not using cheats on some new games but it seemed like he felt he can still get away with cheats anyway and finishing the game takes no effort.

If that's how they feel "fun" should be, then let them be.

Right... Because IVs aren't a skill-less system that puts people to sleep anyway. I stopped cheating for them after I got to college, not because I had some sudden revelation, but because entering codes took way more effort and concentration than IV breeding. I could solve differential equations with my right hand, and monotonously hold up and down on the D-Pad over and over again while praying for the best with my left.

Also, In this post: No one ever uses cheats for mundane things like speeding up text, or for making things harder. Yep. Never make things harder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVl3Hpo-Df8

Never.

(For context on that video: That enemy? The one there are three copies of? That's the FINAL BOSS! And no, you can't, without hacking, fight multiples of him at the same time.)
#82ryudin89Posted 2/25/2013 3:44:15 PM
So many people took TC's bait..... What a shame.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#83ClassyOldHatPosted 2/25/2013 3:46:17 PM
ryudin89 posted...
So many people took TC's bait..... What a shame.

Meh, it gave me an opportunity to rant about a topic I think still gets unfair treatment, and maybe get someone to think about it. I've no regrets.
#84blazingsonicPosted 2/25/2013 4:03:30 PM
Hey *Snatches the bait and eats it*
Okay TC, my reason is no different, I just don't feel like grinding hours for leveling a pokemon that's gonna be useful to me later in the game, even those the only cheats I used was 10x The exp points and reduce the steps for hatching down to like 100 or so steps, I too have back log of games, Not to say I'm doing this with Black and White 2, because I'm taking my time on those games.
---
PSZ FC: Team-B 1892-2449-7676
PSZ FC Team-A 4125-5095-5213
#85thedarklordx3Posted 2/25/2013 4:18:20 PM
Grand_Blue posted...
Unless you're 5 years old, you shouldn't use them. It's cheating and just stupid to not have to work hard to accomplish anything. Thank God 3DS games can't be hacked and I hope it stays that way for the sake of everyone.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/3ds-action-replay/106012
---
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
PSN: Devilkingx2 msg me when you add
#86thedarklordx3Posted 2/25/2013 4:20:38 PM
Grand_Blue posted...
For those who say it's their game and they can do whatever they want: the people that do so are being spoiled. If you had children, would you spoil them with an AR like that? That wouldn't be a good way to raise a kid by letting them know they can have everything they want or ask for.

ummm... yeah it would, if you can give something to someone and it's a reasonable request then you should give it to them, not make them jump through hoops

reasonable request: the new pokemon game

unreasonable request: a pony at 8, a ferrari at 16
---
#87Bushido20Posted 2/25/2013 4:32:32 PM
"Why do people use Action Replay codes in Pokemon?"

Why do people ask stupid questions? >_<
---
heads we call it rhode island, tails cackapoopoopeepeeshire
#88thedarklordx3Posted 2/25/2013 4:34:18 PM(edited)
KingTumbleweed posted...
I like how TC hasn't responded to any of these reasons despite their clearly strong feelings towards the subject.

it's good trolling 101 bro

huh, good trolling, that's something rare on Gfaqs

Bushido20 posted...
"Why do people use Action Replay codes in Pokemon?"

Why do people ask stupid questions? >_<

why is the sky blue? same reason
---
#89GiftedACIIIPosted 2/25/2013 4:43:33 PM
ClassyOldHat posted...
taex posted...
LOL, don't worry too much about them TC, they'll soon find out how "fun" using AR is.

I had a friend who had the same reasons for using cheats (work, busy, too much effort, all those sissy reasons etc.). It didn't bother me since I didn't care about the game he was playing. After about some months, he also used cheats on other games. After a while, I noticed that his interest in games was dwindling. He was playing less and he seemed sleepy when before he was quite attentive when playing. Eventually he told me that he can't seem to have that feel for games anymore. It didn't seem fun anymore. He tried not using cheats on some new games but it seemed like he felt he can still get away with cheats anyway and finishing the game takes no effort.

If that's how they feel "fun" should be, then let them be.

Right... Because IVs aren't a skill-less system that puts people to sleep anyway. I stopped cheating for them after I got to college, not because I had some sudden revelation, but because entering codes took way more effort and concentration than IV breeding. I could solve differential equations with my right hand, and monotonously hold up and down on the D-Pad over and over again while praying for the best with my left.

Also, In this post: No one ever uses cheats for mundane things like speeding up text, or for making things harder. Yep. Never make things harder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVl3Hpo-Df8

Never.

(For context on that video: That enemy? The one there are three copies of? That's the FINAL BOSS! And no, you can't, without hacking, fight multiples of him at the same time.)

No it doesn't.

Step 1: Install Pokegen
Step 2: Use a secret id code to find your secret id
Step 3: Input all neccesary information and make a legit Pokemon
Step 4: Enter codes into code manager and usb them into the action replay
Step 5: Use the activiation code to replace a Bidoof
Step 6:???
Step 7:Profit
#90CakeOfLiesPosted 2/25/2013 5:08:47 PM
*eats bait*
Mmmmm... Cheesy.

People hack for event Legendaries that they missed/weren't released in their country.
For example, let's say I have a Celebi that is, aside from being a Celebi in an American game, seemingly legit. He has possible EVs, IVs, Nature, Ability, and Moves. I just wanted to try out Celebi. I see that as being perfectly okay. I'm not gonna use him against other people or anything.
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47