This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think happens to pokemon when they die?

#31thatmovingbushPosted 2/26/2013 12:15:52 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
thatmovingbush posted...
They get flushed down the toilet.

Groudon got stuck...
Now what?

Leave it for somebody else.
---
Only stupid people make generalizations. No exceptions.
FC: 0516-7339-8901
#32KingTumbleweedPosted 2/26/2013 12:23:11 PM
FFnut posted...
Who's to say that they can die anyway?

Look at cartoon characters. No matter how many times you drop a cartoon off a cliff, or smash it with an anvil, or throw it through a wood chipper, cartoons don't die (certain film-dissolving compounds notwithstanding, you sly weasels). How do you even know that Pokemon can die? Have you ever witnessed it happening, or have you only heard of it happening through legends and stories?

I'm not saying you should never trust Alder, or the people mourning in the tower, but just as an example, everyone always thought Pokemon laid eggs even though nobody (even the Daycare owners) saw it, up until the Sinjoh Ruins event showed us how Pokemon Eggs are really created. How do we know Pokemon "death" isn't the same concept?

Gonna be honest, this statement made me pinch my eyes together. First, you just compared a cartoon such as Looney Tunes to a less violent, more sophisticated anime/game. Pokemon isn't a comedy, of course they won't go flying through a wood chipper. Second, just because it isn't witnessed doesn't mean it isn't true. You ever seen someone actually die with your own eyes or have you only heard about it and seen people mourn? Third, you say the birth of a God is equivalent to that of a common rat. No, that was one egg, it sounds like you're saying Arceus has to come down and spawn an egg from nothing based on the two pokemon in front of him.

Death is a touchy subject in front of kids, that's probably why it isn't brought up so much.
---
<('__'< ) <( '__' )> ( >'__')> ^( '__' ^) (^ '__')^ ^( ' o ' )^
Official Ferrothorn(Spahgetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#33megamanx1291Posted 2/26/2013 12:42:14 PM(edited)
They'll have that same afterlife as Goose from that one movie.
---
There is a 0% chance of this happening.
3DS Fc: 0087-2393-7303
#34zurcnPosted 2/26/2013 12:45:59 PM
ashcrv posted...
I know what happens.
Same thing that happens to every living thing that dies.
Duh.

---
Don't worry about it. I laugh automatically whenever I hold sharp objects. - Machi - Nagasarete Airantou
http://youtu.be/iTJtTiQYlNU
#35FFnutPosted 2/26/2013 1:56:29 PM
KingTumbleweed posted...
Gonna be honest, this statement made me pinch my eyes together. First, you just compared a cartoon such as Looney Tunes to a less violent, more sophisticated anime/game. Pokemon isn't a comedy, of course they won't go flying through a wood chipper.

You're right, the anime is much different than Looney Tunes. Not like Ash was ever severely electrocuted by Pikachu and survived with no health problems. Or Team Rocket was ever launched away at a high velocity and returned later without so much as a bruise. No, the anime is far too sophisticated for cheap gags like that.

Second, just because it isn't witnessed doesn't mean it isn't true. You ever seen someone actually die with your own eyes or have you only heard about it and seen people mourn?

Yes, I have seen someone die with my own eyes. Just because you live a sheltered life where you're not allowed to go outside doesn't mean anyone else does. For the record, the guy drowned swimming where he wasn't supposed to in my local park. His whole family was there too. Stupid, pointless death. But don't tell me I haven't seen it.

Third, you say the birth of a God is equivalent to that of a common rat. No, that was one egg, it sounds like you're saying Arceus has to come down and spawn an egg from nothing based on the two pokemon in front of him.

No, what I'm saying is that you have a man who explicitly tells you each time an egg is created that "we don't know where it came from." The only time the creation of an egg has ever been witnessed is in the Sinjoh event. There is exactly nil in terms of evidence that Pokemon lay eggs, which is even further exacerbated by the Pokedex referring to Tyranitar's giving birth to live young, and Kangskhan being hatched from the egg with another Kangaskhan already in its pouch. There is significant evidence that Pokemon do not reproduce via egg-laying and we have proof that at least one egg didn't need to be laid by a Pokemon. I'm not saying that Arceus is needed to create an egg, but there's a lot more evidence that an egg is created via some other method than genetics.
---
Official Naoya of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#36DarkKirby2500Posted 2/26/2013 1:57:49 PM
They become ghosts that block doors.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#37Dark_Link92Posted 2/26/2013 2:08:35 PM
Doesn't D/P/Pt say that if the bones of a fish Pokemon are placed back in the water they will be reincarnated or reborn or something?
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#38stangkid95Posted 2/26/2013 3:44:27 PM
Anyone else remember that ghost Marowak in Lavender Town? Seriously that Marowak made Cubone/Marowak one of my favorite Pokemon. I really wish I could've caught it. But anywho, back on topic, I'm sure there's some kind of heaven type existence for Pokemon. Seeing as Pokemon always seem to be good no matter what, I don't really see there being a Pokemon hell.
---
GT: GrimmRecon005
#39MetaFalconPunchPosted 2/26/2013 3:45:56 PM
Rpgaddict_22 posted...
Windyligth posted...
Meta289 posted...
They sit on/in the ground to rot and get eaten by Weedle. Foongus and Shroomish then grow from where the Pokemon rotted away.

I was more or less getting at the metaphysical implications of death. Do pokemon have a soul? Is it an eternal one? Does that soul go anywhere when it dies?

Ask the pokegod arceus.. XD

fix'd...non-believer...
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
Claims the Speed Booster. SHINE-SPAAARRRKKK!!!
#40TableFlipPosted 2/26/2013 3:48:01 PM
*gives arceus a spooky plate*

NOOOOO! I KILLED ARCEUS!
---
I don't even know anymore.