This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think happens to pokemon when they die?

#41DarkKirby2500Posted 2/26/2013 2:49:52 PM
stangkid95 posted...
Anyone else remember that ghost Marowak in Lavender Town? Seriously that Marowak made Cubone/Marowak one of my favorite Pokemon. I really wish I could've caught it. But anywho, back on topic, I'm sure there's some kind of heaven type existence for Pokemon. Seeing as Pokemon always seem to be good no matter what, I don't really see there being a Pokemon hell.

That's only said in the anime, and only 1x in 1 episode. There have been instances of wild Pokemon who are bullies or plain mean despite that. In the main games Pokemon are barely shown to be sentient, and in Mystery Dungeon Pokemon can be asses or plain evil.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#42pokemonfreak97Posted 2/26/2013 2:52:32 PM
Dark_Zoroark posted...
Anime, Dex entries and Games state that they turn into Ghost Type. Unless if Darkrai died, it would turn into Dark/Ghost.

So everything but Dark-type Pokémon become boring old Shuppet, Banette, Duskull, Dusclops, Dusknoir, et cetera, but Dark-types lose all their weaknesses? Sounds... more biased than Game Freak against Ice-types.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#43Windyligth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 3:06:47 PM
I'm very pleased with this topic. Some interesting responses so far.

Now, to pose another question. Assuming pokemon do have souls, do cloned pokemon have them too?
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#44stangkid95Posted 2/26/2013 3:07:05 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
stangkid95 posted...
Anyone else remember that ghost Marowak in Lavender Town? Seriously that Marowak made Cubone/Marowak one of my favorite Pokemon. I really wish I could've caught it. But anywho, back on topic, I'm sure there's some kind of heaven type existence for Pokemon. Seeing as Pokemon always seem to be good no matter what, I don't really see there being a Pokemon hell.

That's only said in the anime, and only 1x in 1 episode. There have been instances of wild Pokemon who are bullies or plain mean despite that. In the main games Pokemon are barely shown to be sentient, and in Mystery Dungeon Pokemon can be asses or plain evil.

Never really got into the Mystery Dungeon games. They looked cool just couldn't do the whole "I'm a Pokemon" thing. You make a good point though. I concede to your judgement good sir.
---
GT: GrimmRecon005
#45stangkid95Posted 2/26/2013 3:11:19 PM
Windyligth posted...
I'm very pleased with this topic. Some interesting responses so far.

Now, to pose another question. Assuming pokemon do have souls, do cloned pokemon have them too?

Well basing it off of Mewtwo's sentience in the movie I would say yes. In fact Mewtwo seemed to have a very high level of intelligence and logic, just a very narrow view as far as human behavior towards Pokemon. I feel that cloned Pokemon, and synthetic Pokemon for that matter, have just as much of a soul as normal Pokemon do.
---
GT: GrimmRecon005
#46Windyligth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 10:20:39 AM
bump
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#47Painted_FishPosted 2/28/2013 10:23:38 AM
mnkboy907 posted...
They travel to the Dream World, where they wait for a sleeping Pokemon to befriend them and bring them back to the world of the living via the Entree Forest.

This sounds like it could be a thing. :)
---
NYARGLEBARGLE!
http://tinyurl.com/TheJusticeDance
#48themegaman7Posted 2/28/2013 10:27:51 AM
Their souls go into either the Pokemon Tower in Lavender, Mt.Pyre in hoenn, whatever the sinnoh graveyard tower was called or the unova graveyard tower (was it celsius tower or something?)

And in there their souls become ghost type pokemon.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -