This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think they are going to be done with remakes for a while....

#11henriuePosted 2/26/2013 11:38:15 AM
I am hoping for a remake to include older gen monsters, because i did not own a GBA nor a 3rd gen pokémon game, and i find it very hard to find a functioning one where i live. it will be easier to find a 3ds game.
#12wintersinaPosted 2/26/2013 11:43:19 AM
I don't know, i really want Ruby/sapphire remake. badly
---
PSN : WinterSina
Favorite word : Serendipity.
#13RatedRKO7Posted 2/26/2013 11:50:36 AM
As long as the remakes make a profit they will still be remakes.
---
Got it memorized?- Axel
Pokemon X & Y takes place in France started 1/8/13 Official Infernape of The Pokemon X Board and Kyogre of Pokemon Y
#14KogaSteelfangPosted 2/26/2013 11:52:54 AM
What was stopping them from making a single new game to allow access to the pokemon from earlier gens?
There was nothing, it could have been acomplished in one game.

So, why did they take the multiple remake route?
Surely we didn't need both FR and LG did we? Just put all those pokes in one game and be good to go.
The only drawback would be less profits from multiple sales.
The only advantage to making multiple remakes of multiple gens... more profits from sales.

The remakes are cash grabs, partially masked by the availability of more pokemon.
As a matter of fact, HG and SS weren't needed at all. all pokemon were available, and transferable at that point.

Also, if you take into consideration how awkward it is to transfer all the way from a GBA game to B/W, a remake could easily resolve a LOT of transfer headaches.
If the remake has something like 200 pokemon available, but can be traded/sent directly to X/Y, it'd cut out a vast amount of tedious and time consuming transfering, migrating, then trading.

I'd say they are just as likely now, as they ever were.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#15XazealPosted 2/26/2013 11:53:10 AM
I don't see Gamefreak saying "they don't need remakes, and we don't want money".
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board