This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would be an ideal type chart for a generic new type

#1iKhanicPosted 2/26/2013 1:38:10 PM
This is assuming nothing else in the type chart changes.

I'd say ideally:

It resists water, fighting, and dragon
It is resisted by ice, poison, grass, and fire
It is weak to ice, poison, and grass
It's strong against dragon, electric, water
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2KitschgardenerPosted 2/26/2013 1:40:55 PM
Why would you make Ice super-effective against yet another type, and give Fire another resist when it already has five?
#3iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 1:46:21 PM
Kitschgardener posted...
Why would you make Ice super-effective against yet another type, and give Fire another resist when it already has five?

Because Ice is one of the worst types in the game. It is so bad defensively that an offensive boost could help it as well.

Fire-type is weak defensively. Literally the only offensive types it resists are itself and ice.

But I'm assuming besides those you agree with me?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#4iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 2:11:08 PM
bump
---
#5HydoomPosted 2/26/2013 2:14:27 PM
Ideally... I'd assume...

Defense-
Resists: Ground, Water, Dragon, Fighting
Weakness: Poison, Grass
Immunity: Bug.

Offense-
Super Effective: Dragon, Water
Not Very Effective: Grass, Ice,
No effect: None

Designed to drop the Dragon/Water Supremacy, along with the fighting type/Ground type Powerhousing.
It bears no advantages to other types because the other types aren't necessarily obscene in their presence or dominance.
Weakness to Poison and Grass is to make the types more viable offensively. The absence of other weaknesses is to help the type's defensive nature while not destroying the offensive power of certain other types.

The small number of Offensive modifiers is to limit it's offensive ability. The metagame is so offense based it doesn't need more offensive powerhousing.

... Sadly, though, I personally rate this type as 2 out of 10. :/ I'm not grand at making types.

Though, I would desire one change to the current type chart.
-Let Ice type pokemon resist Water type attacks.
#6iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 2:37:20 PM
Hydoom posted...
Ideally... I'd assume...

Defense-
Resists: Ground, Water, Dragon, Fighting
Weakness: Poison, Grass
Immunity: Bug.

Offense-
Super Effective: Dragon, Water
Not Very Effective: Grass, Ice,
No effect: None

Designed to drop the Dragon/Water Supremacy, along with the fighting type/Ground type Powerhousing.
It bears no advantages to other types because the other types aren't necessarily obscene in their presence or dominance.
Weakness to Poison and Grass is to make the types more viable offensively. The absence of other weaknesses is to help the type's defensive nature while not destroying the offensive power of certain other types.

The small number of Offensive modifiers is to limit it's offensive ability. The metagame is so offense based it doesn't need more offensive powerhousing.

... Sadly, though, I personally rate this type as 2 out of 10. :/ I'm not grand at making types.

Though, I would desire one change to the current type chart.
-Let Ice type pokemon resist Water type attacks.

I wouldn't say its that bad. It looks like a good defensive type. But I definitely agree that Ice needs to resist Water. Not only does it make sense, it also nerfs an OP type and empowers a weak type.
---